New Everton Stadium Discussion

My latest footage lads and lasses, capturing Shoalway transferring the sand into the dock via the floating pipeline and the pontoon spreader. Please subscribe to channel ?

Brilliant mate. Havent been following the workings, hows the sand get into the dock is it from boat on the mersey to boat in the dock through the black pipes?? Whats the 2 big red boxes with land pipes going into them??

Brilliant mate. Havent been following the workings, hows the sand get into the dock is it from boat on the mersey to boat in the dock through the black pipes?? Whats the 2 big red boxes with land pipes going into them??
The dredger (Shoalway) collects sand from Liverpool bay and transfers it to the dock via the floating pipeline and vessel on the dock. Two big red pumps, simultaneously pumps the water when rising through sand infill into neighbouring Sandon dock

The dredger (Shoalway) collects sand from Liverpool bay and transfers it to the dock via the floating pipeline and vessel on the dock. Two big red pumps, simultaneously pumps the water when rising through sand infill into neighbouring Sandon dock
Cheers mate didnt want to scroll back through 100s of pages. ?Have subscribed too thanks.

Stupid question I know, but how do docks work to stop them from overflowing? Does the water moved to the Sandon dock just then get released into the Mersey?

Stupid question I know, but how do docks work to stop them from overflowing? Does the water moved to the Sandon dock just then get released into the Mersey?

Sandon is a half tide dock so it's level can still rise and fall with the tide. It just has a block so it can't empty more than a certain point. So you are right the excess water will drain into the Mersey.

Cheers mate, genuinely never really understood how docks work

They've been doing work recently to Canning Dock next to Mann Island, think they were doing something with the gates. Anyway, I walk past almost daily and a couple of times it's been virtually empty as they opened the gates to the river at low tide and the water drained out. They just let the mersey fill it back up again afterwards.

You could do the same at BMD but they've chosen a different option and there's be sound engineering reasons for that no doubt. Jesse Hartley really was a genius.

Edit: found a picture
ExV0QvdWYAILPNM

Absolutely. That's something the club should do - make sure that it's not a dead issue but a relevant one still in some parts of the world. There's a lot the club could do with this and still detoxify the site by expunging the parasite's name. That wouldn't be ignoring anything.

That is a good idea. A different example is the McDonagh Junction Shopping Centre in KIlkenny. It was created using much of the mid-19th century workhouse that was on the site.

Very tastefully managed in terms of retaining the original stonework but lots of mention of the thousands of unfortunates who ended up there, especially during the famine years of the 1840s. One can do an audio visual tour Called the Kilkenny Famine experience. Very moving and respectful.

Before the shopping centre opened it was an almost derelict eyesore, used by the County Council to store materials and vehicles.

Do you the new stadium will be full every week?

Tough to say. I don't think it'll be too far off being sold out every game at worse and of course all the big games I reckon will be sold out.
It'll definitely be full every week.

Goodison is sold out consistently now, despite how crappy some of the restricted views are.

We currently have 31,500 season ticket holders - and a waiting list of a further 17,000. We could pretty much fill the new ground just with them. There's a huge appetite for Everton tickets, even without the bounce a new ground always brings.

That is a good idea. A different example is the McDonagh Junction Shopping Centre in KIlkenny. It was created using much of the mid-19th century workhouse that was on the site.

Very tastefully managed in terms of retaining the original stonework but lots of mention of the thousands of unfortunates who ended up there, especially during the famine years of the 1840s. One can do an audio visual tour Called the Kilkenny Famine experience. Very moving and respectful.

Before the shopping centre opened it was an almost derelict eyesore, used by the County Council to store materials and vehicles.
Yep. No excuse for the site not to be recognised for what it once was, even when it will now be used for commercial use.