New Everton Stadium Discussion

These images are stills taken from the Laing O'rourke construction video and give us all an idea of what to expect.
They start from where we are approximately now.

View attachment 149863View attachment 149864View attachment 149865View attachment 149866View attachment 149867View attachment 149868View attachment 149869View attachment 149870View attachment 149871View attachment 149872

Our very own "Grand Designs" program to follow in the new year.

Great to see on the 1st image, bottom right they've built a putting green for the builders.

Happy workers are productive workers!!!

Doesn’t look anything like as steep as I would have liked it to be & would have liked the upper tier to overhang the lower.

A proper cauldron of bile. Hope it’s better in reality.
Aye, it's hard to tell from the images alone as others have said the angles are quite good, but I do get the sense that it'll be good but perfect.

From what I've been told by a few reliable people, the outside of the stadium will be world class with the inside being more basic in terms of fixtures and fittings.
Hope all our away support all sit together in the home end plus the usual gwaldys st Ender's, will be very loud.
It'll be interesting to see if season ticket holders will get an opportunity to visit the stadium before seats are chosen and how the process pans out.

Quite a large part of my match day experience is the people I sit with, and it'd be sad if we aren't able to maintain that by sitting together in a place we all like.

@Yid4life and @RobSpurs how did Spurs do this?

Aye, it's hard to tell from the images alone as others have said the angles are quite good, but I do get the sense that it'll be good but perfect.

From what I've been told by a few reliable people, the outside of the stadium will be world class with the inside being more basic in terms of fixtures and fittings.

It'll be interesting to see if season ticket holders will get an opportunity to visit the stadium before seats are chosen and how the process pans out.

Quite a large part of my match day experience is the people I sit with, and it'd be sad if we aren't able to maintain that by sitting together in a place we all like.

@Yid4life and @RobSpurs how did Spurs do this?

We didn't get to visit to pick our seats but they had a 3d site which gave you the exact view from any particular seat (so you check out different levels and areas). It was very accurate and the view from your seat was probably better than expected.

Twice the capacity of that. BMD will dwarf that mate ;)
Yes of course it'll be bigger. It's just the design of the stands are pretty basic looking. Here's a couple of
others which look a bit more like it.

Celtic P.jpg
LOS..jpg

They have to balance atmosphere with views, sorry but its crap at the back of the lower at Goodison.
Those at Goodison are old reprofiled terraces that were designed long before sightline modelling. You can have some overhang and still have good views. More importantly this can yield a larger capacity for the same footprint with those in the upper tier enjoying a superior view.

Sunderland are a great case study in this regard. Decent resurgance then they expanded the stadium again.

Even in the PL for their last few years they were giving thousands of tickets away per match. You could pick and choose any game to go to and that meant the sales model collapsed. I'm no marketing expert but I'd imagine the 'sweet spot' means having a healthy demand for tickets that the Club price for every game.
Exactly this.