New Everton Stadium Discussion

Point is they can do it as the original designs did have a 60k ground with bigger stands.

The fact they didn’t was probably a mixture of cost and possibly objections to the build which I know because of Heritage England they lowered the roof height to mitigate in a modified planning application.
Yeah, it had bigger stands on three sides deffo, not sure the North Stand was ever any larger. Regardless, we've gone for the smaller initial version so expending physically outwards looks like it would require a lot of re-engineering but most things are possible these days.

There's a bit of a gap from the north stand to the boundary.. hard to judge but the concourse could go back a bit, as could some more seats without encroaching on their land.
If you look at the planning docs the structure goes literally right up to the site boundary, both the brick facade and the roof above. Right at the start of the build somebody commented that it looks like we've maybe got use of a bit more land there beyond the boundary that is maybe being leased for the length of the build. Maybe we're leasing it permanently/bought it to expand the northern boundary, be good if somebody could confirm.

Any way of knowing if the roofing covers all the front seats at BMD?

Mate at Man City sits at pitch level near half-way line and is uncovered - he gets soaked! Hopefully no such issues at BMD.
Looks very high that roofline to me mate. I'm deffo getting well under that roof personally.

There's a bit of a gap from the north stand to the boundary.. hard to judge but the concourse could go back a bit, as could some more seats without encroaching on their land.

It couldn't, it's pretty much tight to the boundary. It only looks like there's more space at the moment because LoR have pinched some land off UU temporarily to facilitate the build.

Screenshot_20220927-202242_OneDrive.jpg

Yeah, it had bigger stands on three sides deffo, not sure the North Stand was ever any larger. Regardless, we've gone for the smaller initial version so expending physically outwards looks like it would require a lot of re-engineering but most things are possible these days.

If you look at the planning docs the structure goes literally right up to the site boundary, both the brick facade and the roof above. Right at the start of the build somebody commented that it looks like we've maybe got use of a bit more land there beyond the boundary that is maybe being leased for the length of the build. Maybe we're leasing it permanently/bought it to expand the northern boundary, be good if somebody could confirm.

Looks very high that roofline to me mate. I'm deffo getting well under that roof personally.
People get wet at Goodison now when it pissed down

Any way of knowing if the roofing covers all the front seats at BMD?

Mate at Man City sits at pitch level near half-way line and is uncovered - he gets soaked! Hopefully no such issues at BMD.

This will be an issue in the first 10-20rows. Upturned roof lines at some modern stadia have offered very poor protection. I think at Bilbao they had to expand coverage into the playing area to better protect the crowd.

At that cost we probably should've expected a closing roof.

Mick A, thanks for the information above. I hadn't released that we had, temporarily, taken some land from next door. That explains it, as the space at the back of the north stand doesn't look as tight in the drone footage as I thought it would. I wonder if there is any chance of getting it permanently?

Anything other than a change in the standing ratio from one to one upwards would be a very expensive and messy way of increasing the capacity on a brand new stadium. I'm banking on an increased ratio but who knows?

There again, as some have suggested, maybe EFC have no intention of increasing the capacity, at all. I guess we'll have the answers to these questions in maybe 10 years.

It's not getting expanded through construction, pretty sure Meis has said this. (I get it's not his call, but he'd know what is/isn't doable)

They may get up to 60k through legislation but that's it.

It makes no sense to compromise the design to bolt on a few thousand more seats in a few years.

Ah, the good old days!

Flying cushions, sub-20k crowds, RS winning everything. We were so blessed. The younger generation don't know how lucky they are!?
The cushions flew at full houses in the 60s when we were winning (most things) some paint a very rosey picture of the school of science years.

It's not getting expanded through construction, pretty sure Meis has said this. (I get it's not his call, but he'd know what is/isn't doable)

They may get up to 60k through legislation but that's it.

It makes no sense to compromise the design to bolt on a few thousand more seats in a few years.
I agree. The roof looks fantastic. Think it would look really ugly if they just went higher on any side of the ground. Do we know what the roof is made of? Looks very reflective on the CGI's etc.