New Everton Stadium Discussion

I understand that the site wouldn't be worth a huge amount if it was put on Rightmove. But Sheffield Wednesday 'sold' their ground for 60 million, and Derby sold theirs for 80 million with there being talk about it being sold to Derby Council for 20 million when they were in administration back in April. Neither Pride Park or Hillsborough are exactly in Mayfair.

I don't think the Premier League would say anything if Moshiri did something similar, especially if it was for something small like 15 - 20 million. The fact that we don't seem to be selling it at all seems more surprising than Moshiri buying it for 20 million imo.
Pretty bad example.

Both Sheff Wed and Derby received points reductions for "selling" their stadiums.

Pretty bad example.

Both Sheff Wed and Derby received points reductions for "selling" their stadiums.

They weren’t deducted points for selling their stadiums. You are allowed to sell your stadium. They were deducted points for massive accounting irregularities and going into administration.

There is the ‘market value’ thing to consider. The PL would have something to say if Goodison was sold for 200 million, but they wouldn’t blink an eye if it was sold for 20 million. They allowed Everton to sponsor a non-existent stadium for 30million! Not selling our stadium at all is more of a shock than selling it for 20 million imo.

We aren’t going to win the league with an extra 20 million, but it would be really helpful this January transfer window as we try our best to fend off oblivion.

They weren’t deducted points for selling their stadiums. You are allowed to sell your stadium. They were deducted points for massive accounting irregularities and going into administration.

There is the ‘market value’ thing to consider. The PL would have something to say if Goodison was sold for 200 million, but they wouldn’t blink an eye if it was sold for 20 million. They allowed Everton to sponsor a non-existent stadium for 30million! Not selling our stadium at all is more of a shock than selling it for 20 million imo.

We aren’t going to win the league with an extra 20 million, but it would be really helpful this January transfer window as we try our best to fend off oblivion.
I could be wrong, but I dont think we can sell the stadium while we have debts connected to it.

I could be wrong, but I dont think we can sell the stadium while we have debts connected to it.

Yep, you are right if it’s been used as security, which I think it has. It makes a bit of a mockery of when Moshiri was initially lauded for paying off the debt as part of a takeover, only for him to lumber us with more debt from the same lenders as we did under Kenwright.

For all intents and purposes, we are effectively operating exactly how we used to under Kenwright these days. Although, there is some suggestion that Moshiri is still righting off inexplicable losses, which are somehow due to be 70 million pound despite selling Richarlison for 50 million according to the esk.

Either which way, it cannot be underestimated just how harmful relegation would be to Everton! It must be avoided!

It might've been a better idea for a properly segregated trackless tram line to shuttle people to and from town and connect the whole waterfront from Sandhills to Brunswick Dk.

That said the cycle lane is part of a city wide scheme to increase bike usage and the waterfront and North end need that also.

I've never got the serious investment in cycle lanes, I barely see enough people using them to justify causing congestion.

Also, the REAl cyclists get out of bed to get angry at the drivers on the road, so they won't like them.

Stayed a while......
20221203_162815.jpg

I've never got the serious investment in cycle lanes, I barely see enough people using them to justify causing congestion.

Also, the REAl cyclists get out of bed to get angry at the drivers on the road, so they won't like them.

When they re modelled one of Bristols hospitals, they included 500 bike parking spaces. Free, obvs, whilst drivers pay through the nose to visit folk.

No one in their right mind would cycle to the place, based where it is in town.

When they re modelled one of Bristols hospitals, they included 500 bike parking spaces. Free, obvs, whilst drivers pay through the nose to visit folk.

No one in their right mind would cycle to the place, based where it is in town.

Cycle lanes are an investment failure from my perception. Especially to a football ground (and I know there's other stuff there but come on).

There are only a very few places you can squeeze into to get decent shots of inside from ground level.

Also the rate the East stand is going up there's very little to see from the main gate now.
Sorry man, i was being facetious. Its literally the same photo with a bit added to it.