New Everton Stadium Discussion

It was literally a survey about defining principles of BMD and no other option.... part of the consultation process for BMD. In essence a fait accompli...... and certainly not a vote. Otherwise, you would be able to point me at all architects drawings for the various other options for GP and/or elsewhere.

Tom the stadium is happening so there is little point moaning about other projects that failed for different reasons.

You call it a survey and not a vote but there was a large input from the fans and the vast majority were in favour. In fact I’ll bet your house and mine that a vote today would return a similar result and I think begrudgingly you do too.

The stadium is progressing and harping on about the Costs and saying a rebuild of Goodison could be achieved at a fraction of the costs is disingenuous to say the least.

It does not take into account possible objections from the school or residents in the area when building huge stands on their doorstep. This would cost the club a fortune in delays and legal costs

Also where would the heavy machinery go when knocking down and building stands whilst still at Goodison unless you advocate parking them on the pitch.

Add to that the irregular footprint with a church in one corner and Goodison road angling into the main stand it does not stand up, not to mention how long it would take with reduced stadium capacity too.

The costs of this is something Morshiri says he can finance and has done so with something like 60% into the build now.

In short mate let it go and move on BMD is our future

Last edited:
I imagine 100 years ago there was a massive hoo hah about leaving Anfield, but we cracked on and built our own history. Its just time to move on again. I agree with a previous post, i paid 49 quid last saturday to sit in the Lower Gwladys with 2 posts obstructing my view and a roof from the upper tier giving me a letter box view...this was an obstucted view, severley obstucted views you may as well listen on the radio....

On another note has anyone notised the irony of the named Anfield Road Stand End - The ARSE. Lots of Arses in the ARSE. ?

Not at all. For £200-300m all upper tiers could be replaced and/or all obstructions removed. Let's be honest, We knocked down dozens of houses at the park end without a whimper from any blues in protesr.... and at the figures quoted for BMD all residents/tenants could be very handsomely remunerated/relocated and still not get close to those costs. BMD is going to require a significant hike in ticket prices... there is still substantial deprivation in the city. We need cheap seats as well as new high value ones.....

As regards damage to community.... what about the damage to all those local businesses reliant on matchday footfall? Will that shortfall really be met by the legacy project?
I never understand this argument about business reliant on match day football. What do you think they do outside of the 19 match days each season? The pubs and food outlets still maintain a high turn over all year round. People aren’t rocking up to B&M, Iceland of Aldi on a match day to do their shopping, or going in the barbers, the record shop, the jewellers etc. Those places will still attract custom regardless of a match being on. They didn’t have match days to rely on for large parts of 2020 and 2021.

How do businesses in other areas or communities within the city operate with not having a football ground located near them?

It s now roughly 3 months since the first roof truss was in installed. There are now 7 individual roof truss’s that have been installed . The plan was to have have them all installed by Easter. Roughly 2 months to achieve this . Is it me or are we getting behind with this plan. Is finance the issue, discuss?

It s now roughly 3 months since the first roof truss was in installed. There are now 7 individual roof truss’s that have been installed . The plan was to have have them all installed by Easter. Roughly 2 months to achieve this . Is it me or are we getting behind with this plan. Is finance the issue, discuss?

I think a lot of the roof trusses lifts are dependent on weather so it may slip overall but I don’t think it’s lack of money

I think there are 8 individual trusses up now so 7 to go so they are over half way. 2 more individual truss sections on the North stand and 5 individual truss sections on the South.
Judging on the blue towers built the next one on the North end should go up soon.
Easter is the beginning of April so they have 2 months left to meet what they said was a target. I dont think they are a million miles away and progress still looks rapid to me so i dont think anything to do with finance, but it is all defo weather dependent and we have had a VERY windy winter...

I think there are 8 individual trusses up now so 7 to go so they are over half way. 2 more individual truss sections on the North stand and 5 individual truss sections on the South.
Judging on the blue towers built the next one on the North end should go up soon.
Easter is the beginning of April so they have 2 months left to meet what they said was a target. I dont think they are a million miles away and progress still looks rapid to me so i dont think anything to do with finance, but it is all defo weather dependent and we have had a VERY windy winter...
I thinks it’s 7 up and 8 to go. Time will tell.