New Everton Stadium Discussion

My point is that it is all relevant. New stadium discussion should include all that has lead to this. We should be able to talk of the positives of each without getting at each others throats.

Everton could have redeveloped for a lesser cost, that is true, Everton could also have gained a few things with redevelopment that we may not gain by moving stadium, which 'may' also be true. Pointing these things out and discussing them doesn't mean that the person discussing it doesn't want the new build to happen, but it does give us an angle on which to discuss or muse upon why the decision was new build rather than redevelop. That is very much on the New Stadium topic, and will continue to be relevant.

I love all the expertise and knowledge everyone brings to this thread, but I guess what you have highlighted to me is a difference of opinion we have on why the redevelopment conversation is relevant. I don't believe it is anymore.

I guess that is why it is being responded to and discussed as you and Tom believe it is relevant along with others. I personally see it as no longer relevant so should be away from this thread, particularly long back and forths.

I will try ignore it

Been a fascinating read those last few pages, especially the input from Tom Hughes. Good to hear from someone who knows maybe a bit more about this subject than myself and others.

I'm hoping all goes well at BMD, I hope we move in on time, that Everton end up owning it lock stock, and that the old lady is broken up with dignity and respect, that's my ideal way for things to pan out.

However a point Tom raised did hit home re. Moshiri/the board.
As he alluded most people want to see them out of the club, as the state we're in is worse than when he took over.

Decision making has been reckless to say the least, including the reported 600m spent on players, managers, back room staff who've led us to being a bottom 3 side.

600m is the price of the stadium almost, I just hope they've thought this one through and in 2 years time we still have a place to play. I'm a little worried I'll admit on how I fear things unfolding.

Been a fascinating read those last few pages, especially the input from Tom Hughes. Good to hear from someone who knows maybe a bit more about this subject than myself and others.

I'm hoping all goes well at BMD, I hope we move in on time, that Everton end up owning it lock stock, and that the old lady is broken up with dignity and respect, that's my ideal way for things to pan out.

However a point Tom raised did hit home re. Moshiri/the board.
As he alluded most people want to see them out of the club, as the state we're in is worse than when he took over.

Decision making has been reckless to say the least, including the reported 600m spent on players, managers, back room staff who've led us to being a bottom 3 side.

600m is the price of the stadium almost, I just hope they've thought this one through and in 2 years time we still have a place to play. I'm a little worried I'll admit on how I fear things unfolding.
Think its more relevant to talk about net spend over the last 5 seasons which is around 230mil (after Gordon sale) and less again if you count the money we will get for eventually for moise Keane. Still alot of money i agree, but not 600mill.

Im a member of the Shareholder's association exec committee. He stated at a meeting with that group that the whole cost of the stadium including prep was originally £500m and that it has increased to £760m. Straight from the horse's mouth! Whether he is lying or inflating that figure, I have no idea.

We also have not secured the funding gap loan, our chief benefactor is sanctioned for the foreseeable and upto last year we were bottom of the FFP league with basketcase financial figures and an owner who had to capitalise massive previous debts.... I'm not sure what you/we have to gain from ignoring those facts.
He may well have been twisting the truth a bit, to suit his agenda, the £760 million is to include all costs accrued regarding Goodison. Perhaps it just suits him at the moment to make it a much larger figure, perhaps the original figure was solely referring to the construction costs at Bramley Moore.

Think its more relevant to talk about net spend over the last 5 seasons which is around 230mil (after Gordon sale) and less again if you count the money we will get for eventually for moise Keane. Still alot of money i agree, but not 600mill.
We’ll always have a place to play, we’ll just stay at GP and renovate it to a start of art 60k stadium, with loges, 200 corp boxes, a retractable pitch and roof and underground car parking for £3m.

He may well have been twisting the truth a bit, to suit his agenda, the £760 million is to include all costs accrued regarding Goodison. Perhaps it just suits him at the moment to make it a much larger figure, perhaps the original figure was solely referring to the construction costs at Bramley Moore.
Exactly
No one is doubting Toms history on stadia and is very knowledgeable in this area.
It was comment that the construction costs had risen by 50%, all I did was question this because I've not seen it in any construction news or any media.
A reply was "from Moshiri's mouth " was mentioned , the quote from him was "£760 for the project."

Tom is a valuable poster on here and has been for a long time , that is why I questioned where the 50% rise is coming from.

To me it was just another negative spin on anything Everton , and the is far too much negativity around at the moment.