New Everton Stadium Discussion

Errr, when did they start that, signed Darren
brian-regan-derp.gif

Duhren

Winter wrote an article on its development some months ago so is aware….,it’s just brain dead former footballer pundits that are clueless
The worst thing about the game today. Far too much football content aside from the game.

All desperately filling the silence with their insight into the game ahead/just played.

You say Darren Bent? The BeIN sports resident 'expert' is Jason McAteer. Lucky me.

Anyway, stadium looks ace. Toffees.

The worst thing about the game today. Far too much football content aside from the game.

All desperately filling the silence with their insight into the game ahead/just played.

You say Darren Bent? The BeIN sports resident 'expert' is Jason McAteer. Lucky me.

Anyway, stadium looks ace. Toffees.
I quite like the sky longer highlights package, is it half an hour of the game, no pundits, no build up. Footy, just footy.

I quite like the sky longer highlights package, is it half an hour of the game, no pundits, no build up. Footy, just footy.
I don't mind ex player pundits/Co comms provided they add genuine insight into what's going on, some slight tactical change explained etc.

Sadly, nearly all of them don't have the first clue. See ball, kick ball, chase ball.

I don't mind ex player pundits/Co comms provided they add genuine insight into what's going on, some slight tactical change explained etc.

Sadly, nearly all of them don't have the first clue. See ball, kick ball, chase ball.
Punditry is entirely about hindsight. It's just so easy.

It doesn't speak to the heart and soul of the game - which is the unpredictability.

Matches are spoken about like the result we got was always inevitable. Instead of the true chaos that actually governs football, which is why we keep coming back.

Hope they have an alternative to Casement.

Its about 20 years in the making and still no spade in the ground or funding.

Pairc Ui Caoimh Cork presumably ?

Off-topic but it would be classic FAI to have the legacy of the holding of major soccer tournament in the Island of Ireland, to be millions pumped into improving a GAA ground.

I think the costs of upgrading Pairc Ui Caoimh are huge as well as needs to be 50k+ seating and media facilities. I thought I heard funding for Casement was in place, no doubt the DUP will oppose.

Wasn't casement supposed to be only 30odd k?

Last I heard mate, was that the GAA were reluctant to up the 15 mill they were prepared to put into the project - that was back 12 years ago - costs have jumped hugely since then so to get of the ground it would probably need more statutory funding and we know the problem there. The last hold up i think was the residents in West Belfast.

Wasn't casement supposed to be only 30odd k?

Last I heard mate, was that the GAA were reluctant to up the 15 mill they were prepared to put into the project - that was back 12 years ago - costs have jumped hugely since then so to get of the ground it would probably need more statutory funding and we know the problem there. The last hold up i think was the residents in West Belfast.
Sorry yeah its 30k+ seats for group games.

There was about £100m put up by the UK Government/NI assembly that was supposed to part fund Windsor/Ravenhill/Casement wasn't there, I wonder what happened to that?

Sorry yeah its 30k+ seats for group games.

There was about £100m put up by the UK Government/NI assembly that was supposed to part fund Windsor/Ravenhill/Casement wasn't there, I wonder what happened to that?

If my memory is right the initial cost was £70 odd million, Stormont were going to put up £60 odd million and the GAA £15 million, projected costs have risen to £130 million - so no one knows - seems there is a bit of brinkmanship between Stormont (if it functioned) and the GAA. Maybe they are looking at this as a financial accelerator.

Can see Unionists having a major problem with football games in Casement as a GAA stadium if it were to come off and not in Windsor which only hods 18k.

I want a drone, but need to have the follow me function, as I'll use it on walks and climbs rather than a stadium.

I'll also use it for photogrammetry, so that I can create a photorealistic model of my house and create a full digital twin of it, but that's cause I'm a massive geek
Majority of DJI drones have follow functionality amongst other smart features

If my memory is right the initial cost was £70 odd million, Stormont were going to put up £60 odd million and the GAA £15 million, projected costs have risen to £130 million - so no one knows - seems there is a bit of brinkmanship between Stormont (if it functioned) and the GAA. Maybe they are looking at this as a financial accelerator.

Can see Unionists having a major problem with football games in Casement as a GAA stadium if it were to come off and not in Windsor which only hods 18k.

Reading up on this isn’t there huge opposition to the redevelopment of casement park from local resident groups like MORA ?

I would of thought the redevelopment and capacity upgrade of Windsor Park made more sense.