New Everton Stadium

I wonder if ticketmaster are sniffing around the stadium naming rights.

The company is worth about 18 Billion, their annual revenue is around 700 million USD a year, a stadium naming deal is relatively small outlay for them.

It would sound pretty crap but they have the money for it.

Perhaps. Not sure they would need the publicity seeing they are hooked into everything anyhow. Ticketmaster has taken over numerous clubs ticketing systems as I remember (I think) @Alan Whittle saying Palace have had it introduced too, so that recent development is just them taking over this kind of market.

Perhaps. Not sure they would need the publicity seeing they are hooked into everything anyhow. Ticketmaster has taken over numerous clubs ticketing systems as I remember (I think) @Alan Whittle saying Palace have had it introduced too, so that recent development is just them taking over this kind of market.
Ahhh, fair enough. I thought it was maybe tentative first steps.

No it isn't, that's not true at all. There are a number of structural designs for stands or other buildings and each have their own intricacies.

Noting a suggestion above on using the Principality as a base case, the Principality stadium is built largely around Concrete cores forming the spine of the lateral stands, and these are the basis for the dissipation of the seating bowls structural loads. That allows for a level of cantilever required for tiers in that configuration, alongside a smaller steel structure that compliment the concrete support. We don't have that facility at BMD, where the dissipation of structural load relies on a steel substructure where support is supplied at specific points (piles attached to bedrock) rather than a large surface area of a concrete core. I would expect that the Principality Stadium is less susceptible to ground shift since its not built on sand.
The concourse areas contained with the 'separate' building undergo completely different forces to the seating bowl, from both usage and environment and are therefore treated separately in terms of both construction and structural support, one cannot rely on the other as in the Principality stadium and, actually, Goodison.

The principality (well the Arms Park/National Stadium that came before) was built on swamp land so presumably pilled in a similar way.

No it isn't, that's not true at all. There are a number of structural designs for stands or other buildings and each have their own intricacies.

Noting a suggestion above on using the Principality as a base case, the Principality stadium is built largely around Concrete cores forming the spine of the lateral stands, and these are the basis for the dissipation of the seating bowls structural loads. That allows for a level of cantilever required for tiers in that configuration, alongside a smaller steel structure that compliment the concrete support. We don't have that facility at BMD, where the dissipation of structural load relies on a steel substructure where support is supplied at specific points (piles attached to bedrock) rather than a large surface area of a concrete core. I would expect that the Principality Stadium is less susceptible to ground shift since its not built on sand.
The concourse areas contained with the 'separate' building undergo completely different forces to the seating bowl, from both usage and environment and are therefore treated separately in terms of both construction and structural support, one cannot rely on the other as in the Principality stadium and, actually, Goodison.
I remember hearing when the stadium was under construction that the dock walls essentially prevent the compacted sand from moving anywhere, making it a far more stable base than it would otherwise be.

I remember hearing when the stadium was under construction that the dock walls essentially prevent the compacted sand from moving anywhere, making it a far more stable base than it would otherwise be.

BMD? True dat. Its why unused docks (old ones anyrate) still have water in them, to keep the walls up. Its why we used that water to sand displacement system to keep them secure.

Yes, it is more stable than an uncontained sand bed, but there is still settlement. There was a lot of compaction work, but the expected movement has actually led to most services entering/exiting the stadium to be on flexible connections. That movement will reduce as the years go by.

Yes, true dat. Still experiencing some "bedding down" issues.

Unless the council are going to pay us to do so then there is little point. :)

The Everton Stadium name is just a placeholder until someone coughs up enough cash.
Oh sure we'll probably end up as the OnlyFans Checkatrade Starbucks Arena or something.... but there zilch stopping us from having 'Merseyside Stadium' as an unofficial name. I mean nobody except Mike Ashley's armpit washers called SJP the Sports Direct Arena.

And the only reason Arsenal call it the Emirates Stadium instead of 'Ashburton Grove' is because Ashburton Grove sounds like some obscure soho fetish district, not a stadium that houses the second-bossest team in the country.

Oh sure we'll probably end up as the OnlyFans Checkatrade Starbucks Arena or something.... but there zilch stopping us from having 'Merseyside Stadium' as an unofficial name. I mean nobody except Mike Ashley's armpit washers called SJP the Sports Direct Arena.

And the only reason Arsenal call it the Emirates Stadium instead of 'Ashburton Grove' is because Ashburton Grove sounds like some obscure soho fetish district, not a stadium that houses the second-bossest team in the country.
I think it’s more to do with Ashburton Grove not being an established name so the sponsorship has been able to cement that name. I’m sure if Arsenal got a new stadium sponsor it would take a long time for people to start calling it anything other than the Emirates. For example I’ve got no idea what Bolton’s stadium is called now and I would probably default to the Reebok Stadium if I was talking about it.

Think it’s a large part of the reason that old established stadiums don’t get naming rights deals as the companies know the name would be lost. If someone suddenly sponsored Goodison no one (other than official channels) would call it anything different. Same goes for Anfield, Old Trafford etc. St James’ Park is the clearest example given they tried and no one used the new name.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back