New Everton Stadium Discussion

That looks an abnormal amount of coverage from the roof. Look at a top-down view, the aperture is really small:

View attachment 237465

That can’t be great for the pitch. The San Siro has notoriously bad sunlight penetration and its aperture looks massive by comparison:

View attachment 237466
It does seem to leave an overly small aperture but i suppose that's down to the geometry for inner (tension) and outer (compression) rings, in norder to achieve minimum coverage for centre line and behind the goal front rows. I don't think I've heard of any issues regarding the pitch. My only visit was pre-roof-extension, but I believe the extension has improved an already good atmosphere.

The San Siro pitch has famously suffered a few times over the years. I think that's been a combination of first generation translucent roof panels, probably a larger shadow map due to the very high roof, plus of course over-use due to having 2 resident clubs, who both regulary have long European campaigns too.

Artificial lighting is pretty much standard for pitch-care nowadays. Solar panels and wind generators should comfortably offset any environmental impacts of overly shaded/domed stadia in the the future.

IMG_7228.jpeg