New Everton Stadium Discussion

Great find!

Okay, I reckon we have an answer as to what it'll look like - and it does look fine.

I'm still curious about the need for it.
I would still prefer the barrel cladding to be uninterrupted to be honest. Just my opinion.

On another note, I know it's a marmite type thing, but I actually think the North Stand window is looking pretty good...

Screenshot_20240327_093430_Chrome.jpg

That David Badcock reckons those different perforations in the west stand barrel cladding is for an "Air exhaust duct". Reckons they'll be more too. See comments in this vid.

That may be true, but of all the places you can "exhaust" why would you do it by breaking up one of the most spectacular aesthetics of the stadium?? 🤔. What's the point of having the different perforations that create the stripe effect and then having gaps in it?

If that's all it's for then it seems like a school boy error to me. If you were Dan Meiss and you designed that barrel roof that way with that aesthetic, how would you feel about having these 'holes' interrupting it?

I guess we'll see what it's ultimately for and how it ultimately looks, but right now I don't get it. 🤷‍♂️

That may be true, but of all the places you can "exhaust" why would you do it by breaking up one of the most spectacular aesthetics of the stadium?? 🤔. What's the point of having the different perforations that create the stripe effect and then having gaps in it?

If that's all it's for then it seems like a school boy error to me. If you were Dan Meiss and you designed that barrel roof that way with that aesthetic, how would you feel about having these 'holes' interrupting it?

I guess we'll see what it's ultimately for and how it ultimately looks, but right now I don't get it. 🤷‍♂️

If they are the same width of the bands I doubt it would look too bad. Almost little windows within them, I guess they will be at the same level where each tower is.

Where are the plant rooms and external plant locations? I can see the chillers, but not sure where the Air Handling Units will be going. It'd be those that require Fresh Air inlets and Exhaust louvres. That also means that if it is for plant, there would need to be an equal number, with sufficient separation. Maybe north side are inlet, south side are exhaust, but that would require an awful lot of ductwork.