New Everton Stadium Discussion

I would still prefer the barrel cladding to be uninterrupted to be honest. Just my opinion.

On another note, I know it's a marmite type thing, but I actually think the North Stand window is looking pretty good...

View attachment 250143
I think it's a great feature.

Might try and get a seat up there, you can't beat staring aimlessly out of window when you're bored.

There's gonna be seagull crap everywhere
Maybe that's what the gaps in the barrel cladding are for? 🤔

Anti-seagull lasers?

Screenshot_20240327_130532_Samsung Internet.jpg

I would still prefer the barrel cladding to be uninterrupted to be honest. Just my opinion.

On another note, I know it's a marmite type thing, but I actually think the North Stand window is looking pretty good...

View attachment 250143
From the outside it has similarities to Lime Street station, which Dan Meis mentioned as an inspiration to his design

From the outside it has similarities to Lime Street station, which Dan Meis mentioned as an inspiration to his design
I do find it strange that often the same people who say the interior is bland, also slate the North Stand end, the drop in seating and the window. But it would look a lot more generic if the seating just continued around like the South Stand (albeit increasing capacity). I think the window breaks the bowl up a bit and creates interest. I get it's ultimately a compromise because of the site footprint limitations, but for me they have at least made a feature of it. 🤷‍♂️

Reading a few Spurs forums and they all seem to believe the atmosphere at their new stadium is crap and it was much better at White Harte Lane.

There stadium has steep stands etc and the big South stand, too.

Apparently, their South stand was marketed to them as a “huge megaphone” but it hasn’t been that way at all.

Let’s hope Meis has done a better job.

All stadium architects say they've designed for atmosphere but invariably they're referring to whole stadium acoustics rather than "traditional home end" type acoustics. The distance to the roof and its geometry is often key. Spurs ticked the box with a large single tier "Kop" type home end. However, apart from the high central section, the bulk of the fans are far removed from any beneficial acoustic effect of the slightly upturned roof. So for the most part, it's essentially an open end.
I'm surprised they never opted for a modern larger version of their "shelf" rather than a Kop, because that is where the core of all the noise was from in their old stadium.

All stadium architects say they've designed for atmosphere but invariably they're referring to whole stadium acoustics rather than "traditional home end" type acoustics. The distance to the roof and its geometry is often key. Spurs ticked the box with a large single tier "Kop" type home end. However, apart from the high central section, the bulk of the fans are far removed from any beneficial acoustic effect of the slightly upturned roof. So for the most part, it's essentially an open end.
I'm surprised they never opted for a modern larger version of their "shelf" rather than a Kop, because that is where the core of all the noise was from in their old stadium.
What's your view on the architectural merits of roof-mounted anti-seagull lasers? (asking for a friend) 😉
Screenshot_20240327_130532_Samsung Internet.jpg