New Everton Stadium Discussion

this is one of the biggest stadiums in the world, no overlap (just appears that way because of the box seats)

kyle-fieldvresize22401260medium0.jpg

The stadium guides and codes are different in America though, and certainly for American sports games.

There are specific guidance notes in the UK as to maximum distances of seat to far corner. That's what drives the wave-like oval shape in many modern stadiums.

The stadium guides and codes are different in America though, and certainly for American sports games.

There are specific guidance notes in the UK as to maximum distances of seat to far corner. That's what drives the wave-like oval shape in many modern stadiums.
Correct, its why West Ham can't sell the seats in the far corners of the stadium, they are out of the circle of allowability. From speaking to the architect of West Ham stadium, and I am going off a memory from about 5 years ago, I think its a premier league rule about distances and not building regs? it was fine as an atheltics stadium, but when they converted it they couldn't do anything. Its why they built those stands over the running track,

I’m sure people are aware of this but I’ve never seen it before. Pretty funny this is how the commentators have to get to the gantry. It doesn’t seem that scary but still a sign of how weird and old Goodison is.

People rightly marvel at Goodison's historic vibe and ancient stands, but this is only the case because we have been run by idiots since about 1989.

I hate to say it, but decent owners would have either relocated or found a way of knocking down and rebuilding the Bullens and Gwladys in about 1990 when the Premier League was getting put together. And decent owners would DEFFO have used all that car park space to build a Blue Wall end at the park end in 1994 instead of the League One stand we have there now.

People rightly marvel at Goodison's historic vibe and ancient stands, but this is only the case because we have been run by idiots since about 1989.

I hate to say it, but decent owners would have either relocated or found a way of knocking down and rebuilding the Bullens and Gwladys in about 1990 when the Premier League was getting put together. And decent owners would DEFFO have used all that car park space to build a Blue Wall end at the park end in 1994 instead of the League One stand we have there now.
Not defending the Park End. But despite being league one standard it still has the best unobstructed views in the ground. 😂

Two words prevented all that when it was all costed - How Much!?!?

this is one of the biggest stadiums in the world, no overlap (just appears that way because of the box seats)

kyle-fieldvresize22401260medium0.jpg
There's quite a large overhang at that far end of the Kyle Stadium, and a lesser one at the end the pic is taken from. However, as others have said, the maximum viewing distances for our football are tighter and usually more stringently regulated. The viewing distances at some of these college stadiums are horrendous.

Rod Sheard states in his guide to stadium design that overlapping tiers are usually incorporated in larger stadia to help stay within the max viewing distance grid. Of course confined sites also require this format to maximise capacity. The result is often greater intimacy.

Real Madrid have spent over a billion and Barcelona will spend a similar amount. Madrid have been rebuilding their stadium for the last 3 years and they are still working on it.

It depends who you ask. Building contracts for the Bernabeu seem to total less than €1bn. Some cost estimates even include total interest over the next 30yrs, which isn't really a relevant comparison. However, the fact is, to build these new stadia from scratch would cost at least double what they are spending.