New Everton Stadium Discussion

I've got nothing to get over. I was looking at sites on central docks when you were probably happy-clapping Kenwright and Kirkby. The only thing that is severely outdated is the myth that he and his cronies started, and that some here still perpetuate....insisting that GP couldn't be redeveloped and that it would cost anything close to BMD. Which if you read back, is the only point I was responding to.
At this stage I'm thinking that in the event of a nuclear holocaust the only things left will be a bunch of cockroaches and Tom Hughes following them round so he can correct them if any of them have the temerity to suggest BMD was a more cost effective option than redeveloping Goodison.

At this stage I'm thinking that in the event of a nuclear holocaust the only things left will be a bunch of cockroaches and Tom Hughes following them round so he can correct them if any of them have the temerity to suggest BMD was a more cost effective option than redeveloping Goodison.

Don't be daft..... they already know it's a nonsense suggestion.

Good chance of it. Or maybe he'll be a Miss Hathaway in a tattered wedding dress sat at a table in the 500 Club in a tumbling down, cobweb filled, decrepit Goodison.

Good chance of it. Or maybe he'll be a Miss Hathaway in a tattered wedding dress sat at a table in the 500 Club in a tumbling down, cobweb filled, decrepit Goodison.

Is that after we go bust because of BMD? If not, i can assure you I'll have my season tickets for the new stadium at least as soon as you do.

IMG_0179.jpeg

Popped down for my fourth (I think?) visit earlier this afternoon.

First time seeing the barrel cladding in person.

Absolutely love it.

Do you think the

Do you think the club tried to offer the sewerage plant money to try and get that strip of land off them, would have made a huge difference.
It’s hard to know. I imagine there must have been some weird legal quirk about the ground lease being different and a structure spanning both might be problematic.

But I actually quite like the sharp, straight end on the North Stand. It provides a nice contrast with the sloping South Stand.

It’s hard to know. I imagine there must have been some weird legal quirk about the ground lease being different and a structure spanning both might be problematic.

But I actually quite like the sharp, straight end on the North Stand. It provides a nice contrast with the sloping South Stand.
Shame though, they could have added around three thousand more seats in that section and a bigger concourse overhang and more space underneath for busses and pedestrians. When the fence is taken away and the new border is right up to our boundary it is going to look very tight regarding pedestrians and traffic, cars etc...Going down that section to park at the rear of the stadium on the waterfront. I believe the away fans will be using that corner to gain access, could all get very chaotic.

Shame though, they could have added around three thousand more seats in that section and a bigger concourse overhang and more space underneath for busses and pedestrians. When the fence is taken away and the new border is right up to our boundary it is going to look very tight regarding pedestrians and traffic, cars etc...Going down that section to park at the rear of the stadium on the waterfront. I believe the away fans will be using that corner to gain access, could all get very chaotic.
It might look tight, but perceiving scale is a big problem for us at the moment: this ground dwarves our natural comparison of Goodison, and we can’t get near to it to properly appreciate the size of that space.

I’ve just fired up the 1:500 plans in Illustrator to measure it properly.

The gap between the stadium wall and the boundary line is 11.99m on the East Elevation and 11.97m on the pedestrian access plan.

So I think ~12m is a fairly reliable measurement.

By comparison (and according to the measuring tool on Google Maps) including pavements Goodison Road is 9.7m wide, Gwladys Street is 9.9m wide and Bullens Road is 10.6m wide.

So it’s wider than all of those.