New Everton Stadium Discussion

Read on another site someone's idea to open the new stadium to show the last game at Goodison for fans without tickets on big screens. Thought it was a good idea. Integrating the old with the new in someway and maybe count as one of the test events the stadium has to go through
Did West Ham and Spurs do it?

Would The PL even allow it?

Good close up views of the dock wall within the stadium and dug out area.

This wall is my present fascination.

It looks from that video like it's only presently exposed because it represents the unmovable boundary next to which the pipe work has to run.

It seems it's set too deep to be any kind of above-ground feature. Certainly not in the way it was presented in those very early visualisations you dug out the other day, anyway (which I think looked pretty cool).

If it's, say, kerb height, then it becomes a trip hazard - and potentially dangerous for players.

At most, it might just look like paving, I guess, level with the new pitch side surface. But given the way pitches are relaid over time, and therefore the ground height will subtly alter, that might be hard to maintain over the decades.

I come back round to my initial conclusion, that I think it's likely to be just under the surface - but will be interested to see what happens over the summer as the pitch is laid.

I hate the separation in the middle is that a regulation for rail seating or something? Does anyone know what it is for, I would rather it was just one big stand like Spurs.
Totally agree, it honestly ruins it for me. How often are we going to get the entire stand stood up now? I can't believe they didn't make it so it can be adjusted in the future to make it one continuous flow.

This wall is my present fascination.

It looks from that video like it's only presently exposed because it represents the unmovable boundary next to which the pipe work has to run.

It seems it's set too deep to be any kind of above-ground feature. Certainly not in the way it was presented in those very early visualisations you dug out the other day, anyway (which I think looked pretty cool).

If it's, say, kerb height, then it becomes a trip hazard - and potentially dangerous for players.

At most, it might just look like paving, I guess, level with the new pitch side surface. But given the way pitches are relaid over time, and therefore the ground height will subtly alter, that might be hard to maintain over the decades.

I come back round to my initial conclusion, that I think it's likely to be just under the surface - but will be interested to see what happens over the summer as the pitch is laid.

If you look at the pitch at the Park End of Goodison, there is a lip that is above the stone/gravel area below, this area is fairly wide with a good few meters between the grass and the stand. In reality there is no real difference here only there will be more grass before a smaller stone area. Like you say it's more likely to be flush there or thereabouts (if they decide to keep it shown) and nothing like what was displayed in that document.

People often joke how will a pitch fit in, I think they will be surprised by just how big the apron will be. So there will be plenty of grass after the goal-line, then the hoardings and bit more afterwards, before the hard surface area. This means there isn't the risk of players whacking or falling onto the wall.

The fact the pitch isn't tight up to the stands is why some of these seats that appear to be restricted, may not be.

If you look at the pitch at the Park End of Goodison, there is a lip that is above the stone/gravel area below, this area is fairly wide with a good few meters between the grass and the stand. In reality there is no real difference here only there will be more grass before a smaller stone area. Like you say it's more likely to be flush there or thereabouts (if they decide to keep it shown) and nothing like what was displayed in that document.

People often joke how will a pitch fit in, I think they will be surprised by just how big the apron will be. So there will be plenty of grass after the goal-line, then the hoardings and bit more afterwards, before the hard surface area. This means there isn't the risk of players whacking or falling onto the wall.

The fact the pitch isn't tight up to the stands is why some of these seats that appear to be restricted, may not be.
I'm sure I've read that the camber of the pitch at Goodison is pretty extreme by modern standards, so I suspect there will be less variance in ground height overall at the new ground - though having said that, you can see the camber on the renders:

67e07a90-a93c-11ed-acb8-bdc42a32cf4d.jpg

I'm guessing the wall will be in the corresponding position to where the blue trim is visible on the north and east sides above - so separated from the playing surface by the advert boards as you say.

I think I'm most interested in this because the wall is just on the margins in terms of whether it'll be visible or not. Looking forward to that question being answered definitively in the coming weeks!