New Everton Stadium Discussion

We should do a Chelsea and sell the development rights at Goodison to the Stadium company
Yep - we've been punished far too much for being nice and playing by the rules, all the while Chelsea and City have broken every rule in the book repeatedly for decades and won absolutely everything.

I sincerely hope our new owners know how to play the game and bend the rules to maximise what we can 'bring in' and use to improve the club.

Do we know if he was buried or cremated? Might help us narrow down how long it'll take for him to find a new owner. Come to think of it, do we even know his final resting place? For lord's sake please don't assign a plot at the new ground to him - it'd haunt us and guarantee mediocrity forever more.
I was thinking this the other day...wonder where he's buried,if he's buried at all.

I find it extremely unusual that there is no information anywhere about his final resting place.

That basically tells me it's one of two things:

1. He's not even dead
2. He doesn't have a grave because an additional requirement of his sale to Moshiri was to ensure he's gets cyrogenically frozen and put on display somewhere at the new gaff.

I often walk along the waterfront and it occurred to me the other day that a lot of the stone used in the dock construction was granite. I was wondering where the granite came from as most of the stone in Liverpool would be sandstone I guess. Looking on the internet it seems the granite was transported by ship from Kirkmabreck in Scotland from 1830 onwards. Must have been a tremendous amount of work back then with no modern machinery. Good to see it incorporated into the stadium

A lot also came from across the river on the Wirral from bebington quarry ..
Bebington quarry is now storeton woods and that is what the old railway lines in the woods are..
I grew up around the area and never knew this till I was on a visit to New York and was waiting to go up the Empire State Building and starting reading the info/history plaques and it says that it used quarried rock from Bebington quarry !!

Blew me away that they shipped it across the Atlantic !

Not stadium related sorry guys 😂

No way that is true. It is possible the south stand will be the steepest in the EPL. Don’t know if anybody can confirm that

My understanding is that Spurs' is a tiny bit steeper, although it has a curve in it, so it's not continually steeper.

The TB is steeper but of course that's only one tier within a stand. Same with Juve's upper tier. Things like this allows the space for creative wording to add an * to say continuous single tier stand.

Even then due to the super riser in the South stand, is that really true? We do have a steeper lower section than most though. I think ours is either 33 (lower) and 34 (upper) or 34 and 35 degrees. For reference Juventus have 29 and 37. San Siro 29, 35 and 40. The yellow wall is 27.5 and 34.

My understanding is that Spurs' is a tiny bit steeper, although it has a curve in it, so it's not continually steeper.

The TB is steeper but of course that's only one tier within a stand. Same with Juve's upper tier. Things like this allows the space for creative wording to add an * to say continuous single tier stand.

Even then due to the super riser in the South stand, is that really true? We do have a steeper lower section than most though. I think ours is either 33 (lower) and 34 (upper) or 34 and 35 degrees. For reference Juventus have 29 and 37. San Siro 29, 35 and 40. The yellow wall is 27.5 and 34.
Stands are parabolas, so they'll have say 15 rows at x gradient, 15 rows y, 15 rows Z etc, going steeper each time. It's to do with sightlines and c values as they call them.

The larger a stand is the less choice you have over steepness.

I don't know if it is still the case but the maximum was 34 degrees.

What people often don't realise is that the treads, ie legroom, plays a massive part in your steepness. Less legroom means the steeper and closer you are. More legroom is shallower meaning your risers, ie step, must be raised to get a higher gradient, and therefore further away.

So when people ask for legroom plus steep stands, they're in essence asking to be further away.