New Everton Stadium

I still can't believe this word exists in this context. It's apparently a passage that allows people to enter or leave a stadium deriving from the word vomitorium.
I think whoever came up with it was chancing his arm and probably can't believe it's now in popular usage. I hate it. It makes me sick.
What did the Romans ever do for us ?! 😄

Yes they are staying Blue but will have sponsors/kit names in wraps over them when they are sorted out.
Could be Toyota & Castore etc.

It would be great if Toyota got the naming rights. I know the link with the Friedkins is there, they would be doing very well to get us that association. And as sponsors names go, "Toyota Stadium" falls nicely off the tongue. Probably unlikely.

Archibald Leitch, I never knew he had built so many stadia​

His work has featured in several books by Simon Ingles: Football Grounds of Great Britain and its earlier edition Football Grounds Of England And Wales, but the book that most comprehensively covers Leitch and his work is "Engineering Archie" by the same author.

However, in reference to Goodison Park, there is one mistake in it that he has said will be corrected in any reprints. The capacity for the old Goodison Rd Enclosure (1909-1969) was given as just 11,000. He got this number from damaged original drawings with only the second number 1 being fully legible. On further consideration, he accepted that given the size of this terrace, this capacity was probably at least 21,000. It's a fantastic book for anyone interested in the history of football and football stadia.

It would be great if Toyota got the naming rights. I know the link with the Friedkins is there, they would be doing very well to get us that association. And as sponsors names go, "Toyota Stadium" falls nicely off the tongue. Probably unlikely.
Roma has Toyota in their camp , maybe Big Dan see's us a bit more up market in the Prem .
The Lexus Stadium 🏟

His work has featured in several books by Simon Ingles: Football Grounds of Great Britain and its earlier edition Football Grounds Of England And Wales, but the book that most comprehensively covers Leitch and his work is "Engineering Archie" by the same author.

However, in reference to Goodison Park, there is one mistake in it that he has said will be corrected in any reprints. The capacity for the old Goodison Rd Enclosure (1909-1969) was given as just 11,000. He got this number from damaged original drawings with only the second number 1 being fully legible. On further consideration, he accepted that given the size of this terrace, this capacity was probably at least 21,000. It's a fantastic book for anyone interested in the history of football and football stadia.
Typo Correction.... author: Simon Inglis

Huge pick up in pace on the West stand barrel cladding as they are using both cranes now.

In that South stand lower section, doesn't it look like they've doubled up on seats in the front left section (just a small section)? Or maybe they've just been stashed there, just looks a lot fuller on that one little section (there's a similar few rows in away section as well)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back