New Everton Stadium

Tbh the King Edward site is a very low quality, low-level, low-yield collection of warehousing/industrial units. They are literally corrugated sheds of no architectural value or merit. Hardly befitting a site so close to the 3 graces and the city's business district. Yes, the little breweries and other business have eeked out some relative success, but this area bridges the current business district and the whole of the new Liverpool waters districts and is currently an eyesore. The area is logistically key to providing continuity of large scale development to create the flow and vibrancy between old and new commercial districts. This is prime development land. These few small businesses can easily be relocated to 10 streets, Vauxhall, Baltic, Islington or any other of several edge of city centre locations and still thrive and grow. Towers needn't be identi-kit, but they can bring far greater vibrancy, density, more jobs and further investment. Nowhere shows them off better than a waterfront.
Spot on, Tom. Can't believe anybody would want to maintain the status quo in that area.

Tbh the King Edward site is a very low quality, low-level, low-yield collection of warehousing/industrial units. They are literally corrugated sheds of no architectural value or merit. Hardly befitting a site so close to the 3 graces and the city's business district. Yes, the little breweries and other business have eeked out some relative success, but this area bridges the current business district and the whole of the new Liverpool waters districts and is currently an eyesore. The area is logistically key to providing continuity of large scale development to create the flow and vibrancy between old and new commercial districts. This is prime development land. These few small businesses can easily be relocated to 10 streets, Vauxhall, Baltic, Islington or any other of several edge of city centre locations and still thrive and grow. Towers needn't be identi-kit, but they can bring far greater vibrancy, density, more jobs and further investment. Nowhere shows them off better than a waterfront.

Tom I agree with you and @Dr Baxter massively.

People saying they deserve to stay there need a slight education on urban regeneration, imagine being happy you have that there next to your landmarks because you like their beer.

It’s brain rot.

Tom I agree with you and @Dr Baxter massively.

People saying they deserve to stay there need a slight education on urban regeneration, imagine being happy you have that there next to your landmarks because you like their beer.

It’s brain rot.

More like gut rot to me, but then again, I'm just a plain Guinness, Jameson or dark rum type tbh. Tried a plum stout in an airport once and nearly wrote the whole place off.

Think we'll have to respectfully disagree bud. It might not be much to look at but in terms of character and vibe it's absolutely buzzing. Typical that once people somewhere becomes popular the vultures will circle and strangle the character out of the place like the Baltic. Hope you're right and they get relocated but keep the same vibes anyway! Think we'll be better for having more options, more of that and less all bar ones etc haha.

I might be in the minority here, didn't bother today, I'm not getting the same type of nostalgic references other fans are getting. Don't get me wrong, I'll shed some tears on that last game against Southampton, but I'm counting down the days until we move

I genuinely think people will realise that the emotional attachment will wear off very quick once they realise they don’t have to wait 15 mins for a warm carling and then have to find a way to drink and eat in 5 minutes.

And being able to watch a match from a decent view.

As someone who is 6’5” and 20 stone neither I, nor the 3 rows behind me, will be too sad to get a decent view from a decent seat.

It’s never been the same since we were forced to go all seater. Goodison just wasn’t designed for it.

As someone who’s not built like that, I agree completely. Only good seats for general admission are in the top balcony, and even then the concourse is a cinder block nightmare.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back