New Everton Stadium Discussion

The pinch points at GP aren't the vomitoria (had to Google that name) in my opinion, it's what comes immediately after.

In a lot of the stands you go through the exits and straight into busy queues. The worst by far is the upper bullens and Street end, the corridor behind the exits gets backed up as people then walk along to the exits.

From the plans it looks like bmd opens out significantly after those exits
Yeah, spot on. I was a season ticket holder for about 5 years in the Park End when it first opened. On a winter's day when people head down below to get away from the cold it is dangerously busy. Should have built it with 50% more room in the concourse area.

The pinch points at GP aren't the vomitoria (had to Google that name) in my opinion, it's what comes immediately after.

In a lot of the stands you go through the exits and straight into busy queues. The worst by far is the upper bullens and Street end, the corridor behind the exits gets backed up as people then walk along to the exits.

From the plans it looks like bmd opens out significantly after those exits
Hope you are right - I suspect you are. Both the Upper Bullens and the Main Stand are pretty bad at GP based on recent trips.

Hope you are right - I suspect you are. Both the Upper Bullens and the Main Stand are pretty bad at GP based on recent trips.
Yes, should've added the main stand to that.

Very unusual design under the stand, lots of odd concourses scattered about here and there

Top balcony also a funny design with the walkways with no exit almost every game you get someone walking down them trying to find a way out

Reading the club’s write up that goes with their video I guess we are slightly behind in that a few months ago they had a target of having all main lifts / roof trusses for North and South stands completed by Easter. Just the south stand to be completed.
“ the south stand - once the two, remaining roof-truss lifts for the third and final full-span truss are installed”

Reading the club’s write up that goes with their video I guess we are slightly behind in that a few months ago they had a target of having all main lifts / roof trusses for North and South stands completed by Easter. Just the south stand to be completed.
“ the south stand - once the two, remaining roof-truss lifts for the third and final full-span truss are installed”
While they are unable to lift final sections (mainly due to the crap weather last few weeks) work is well underway inside with the fitting out. Weather will only improve as we head towards summer so full steam ahead.

BTW, not one building project of that scale has ever ran perfectly without some delay somewhere along the line. Far too many factors, including weather, for it not to be an issue amd cause a slight delay.

Ignore the Guardian, only people whose word matters are LOR.
They seem perfectly happy with current progress.

Yeah they did say that was weather dependent. I know with winds they can’t do the lift, but I’m not sure they do it if it’s raining too. I may be wrong on that.

I wonder had USM/Uzzy not been suspended would the club have slightly increased capacity as the build went on like Spuds did.

Nearer to 54k would have done nicely.

Don't think that would've been something that added much to the cost. It was more about optimising the layout as the build went on e.g. maybe we can fit an extra seat at the end across a whole block. That kind of thing.

Still might happen with BMD.