New Everton Stadium Discussion

I understand all that but it's the same as anything new, be better for some not so for others, but we'll get over it and before long the new routine will replace the old one and we'll forget all about the little things 'we' were questioning.

No-one is suggesting that that's not possible, but there are some obvious issues that the transport plan is quite vague about.

At the same time, it isn't a given that people will adjust easily. Stoke City for instance took several years to fill their new stadium and the transport was cited for much of that because the road layout and public transport capacity at the new site was not ideal. They only moved approx 1 mile from their old ground too.

In our case, proximity to town is the major saving factor.

A bit like the Docklands development in London I suspect a lot of the transport solutions will come along a decade or so after the fact assuming BMD does the job the city and Peel both hope in catalysing further development on the waterfront, Ten Streets etc.

Until then some will stay longer in stadium/fan zone facilities and some will spend more of an evening in the Albert Dock and other central areas they can walk to rather than fighting for overcrowded buses and trains into ‘suburbs’.

Fans travelling from further afield may face bigger adaptations but to be honest being London based I have often stayed overnight back ‘home’ on Wirral or with friends in the city in the last decade as full day round trips get tiresome in your 50s and it is nice to catch up for longer with folk.

It isn’t ideal and Tom is 100% right on the sketchy nature of the planning documents, the biggest weakness in them next to funding, but new routines and traditions are often rooted in necessity and Evertonians will inevitably make it work.

Hopefully we will be doing it with full houses in the Premier League. It is the £ not the trains/buses that risk that right now but if it became such an issue it depressed attendance longer term it might become a bigger problem.

Is that @davek on the beach there?

IMG_4267.jpeg

The dock Road will be pedestrianised but there has been talk of a shuttle bus (trackless tram) parade down the street to get people to Old Hall Street on a circular. That can carry a good few people and will speed up dispersal rates.

Yes, I think the Lime Line proposal was chaired by DBB.... but it has gone quiet for a long while. It needs very little infrastructure and could move large numbers too and from the city centre (or at least edge of centre).

This reminds me of the Tescodome Park and ride suggestion to use Knowsley Safari Park, with the genius idea of fans dropping their cars at the park and be ferried back and forth from the ground on Elephants. What a USP that would have been.

Man City are introducing a whole network of dedicated bus routes to serve the Etihad, presumably to counter any concerns regarding capacity increases. There are probably multiple blind spots in Liverpool's north east, east and south eastern suburbs that do not have direct services to BMD, and could benefit from similar.

Funny enough Tom, I watched a YouTube video about that last week. Doesn't sound like a huge success, so far. Price was between £6 and £8 return. Anything we get has to be far cheaper. A nominal amount or better still free.

A quick look at Google maps should give you the answers to you questions. 39k getting away from Goodison with numerous roads including dual carriage ways, 53k getting away from BMD with 2 single carriageway roads.

Yes, but as has been pointed out before, there will be massive road closures, increased capacity and an extra entrance at Sandhills train station, it is closer to the city centre than Goodison so some will walk, it is far cheaper to get to in a black cab from the city centre, there will be Soccerbuses and also people will stagger their arrival and departure much more than at Goodison due to the vastly superior facilities. Sorry, but I'm not buying into the doomsday scenario. I think it will be fine.

Yes, but as has been pointed out before, there will be massive road closures, increased capacity and an extra entrance at Sandhills train station, it is closer to the city centre than Goodison so some will walk, it is far cheaper to get to in a black cab from the city centre, there will be Soccerbuses and also people will stagger their arrival and departure much more than at Goodison due to the vastly superior facilities. Sorry, but I'm not buying into the doomsday scenario. I think it will be fine.
Not doomsday. I think getting away from Goodison will (substantially)easier than BMD, that's all

I think with everything at the new ground people might stay around longer than they do at Goodison. I don’t eat when I go the match get a drink and then go and have something to eat afterwards. If the prices are fine and the is places you can go and have your tea after the game that would be great for me. When the weather is nice people will definitely stay around in the fan plaza before and after the game.

And plenty aren't.

People have set routines, pubs, parking specs, meeting places, etc etc, some have done that routine for 30, 40 years and more and will take some adjusting but we'll manage.
I've done the pub and meeting my mates for over 50 yes, and we are all looking forward to being in the Trinity bar in the east stand. At 75 I've had enough fighting for my ale.

Transport is a big black cloud for us. We don't live in Liverpool and have to drive to the game.

Am hoping small parking areas are available somewhere