New Everton Stadium Discussion

Too lazy to look for it, but a couple of pages back there was a mention of Mophead Steve Rotheram's plans for the LCR if he gets re-elected. Anybody got a link? Thanks.

And that's why I think it'll always remain 1:1 ratio.

The government should never allow venues to replace seats for standing to increase capacity.

We will indeed.

I personally think it was a tad disingenuous tactics to mitigate early day moans around a fairly low capacity.

If the government allowed venues to replace seats for standing to increase capacity - we'd very quickly see wholesale changes and not just in football.
Trouble is, it's not a 1:1 ratio. If you simply swap out a seating space for a standing space, it's about 0.9:1. The stadium design guides have a wider space requirement when stood , than when seated. I can't recall the exact numbers, but I think it's 625mm standing, 575mm seated.

Trouble is, it's not a 1:1 ratio. If you simply swap out a seating space for a standing space, it's about 0.9:1. The stadium design guides have a wider space requirement when stood , than when seated. I can't recall the exact numbers, but I think it's 625mm standing, 575mm seated.

Something about putting the extra step in, too? Might all be conjecture and nonsense. All will be revealed.

Meant people/ticket holder rather than physical space.

Q
Meant people/ticket holder rather than physical space.
Yeah, I get that, but unless we are spreading seats out to the standing widths, then going seats to standing will result in a reduction in tickets available. So 1 in every 10 South stand lower season ticket holders would be able to buy a ticket for seated games only.
If Anfield were to convert the Kop into standing, they would suffer a reduction in capacity. Same for almost all PL teams.

It's just the same as that walkway between the upper and lower sections of the Gwladys St which we lost when we went all seating in the early 90's. Anybody 40+ will remember it, I'd guess. In that sense it is a total nod the Goodison which some seem to ignore it or miss it. It's there for WHEN (not if) the lower section goes standing. It's so those at the higher level can still see over the heads of those in the front section when they are stood up.

Don't know if @AndyC still has it but had a great pic of the very same in the Gwladys St on Twitter

Attachments

• Street End.jpeg
    Street End.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 3
It works perfectly fine at higher ratio Germany though.

I think it’s only a matter of time , I think the club do to or they wouldn’t have spent the extra money making sure the concourses etc are big enough to handle the extra people.

The German stadia tend to have larger treads 800-900+mm. For some reason, we opted for just 750mm in GA areas, which is the bare minimum for 2 steps and according to the green guide only yields enough space for 1.3-1.5:1 ratio (depending on seat width, which again is at the minimum). So yes, they're could be a small uplift in those safestanding areas if legislation changes, but not as a high a ratio as in many German stadia.