New Everton Stadium Discussion

I have a mate working on the stadium and he has said they are going to be open hours before a game and long after it's finished as they want fans to make a day of coming the match rather than what we all know at present
This is what 777 have said too. They want to monetise the fan base. More people spending more money seven days a week.

Had a phone call from the club today regarding hospitality. Told him I wasn't interested in it now and I'll just be renewing my season ticket. He said current season ticket holders should hear season ticket info for BM in late Sept/October.
What hospitality was available. It would be great to understand how much better it will be and what scale of money spinner would it be

Over 7k pages in this thread, and I'm sure this has been answered many times, but I'm not trawling back through this lot.

Anyhow, do we know if they intend to keep the air raid siren and z-cars at the new stadium?
I don’t think so mate.
Apparently there’s only one copy of the tape and it’s currently stuck inside the old tape player at Goodison.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430_073752_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_073752_OneDrive.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240430_073910_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_073910_OneDrive.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240430_073922_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_073922_OneDrive.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 3

derby games for reserves and women, would sell out
I think any test event they host in advance of the official opening would sell out(subject to the relevant capacity).
I would not want any Liverpool FC teams near the test events or the first official game as the reports will all have an LFC spin rather than be 100% focused on Everton.
I want that shower to be the last team to play at BMD.

I think any test event they host in advance of the official opening would sell out(subject to the relevant capacity).
I would not want any Liverpool FC teams near the test events or the first official game as the reports will all have an LFC spin rather than be 100% focused on Everton.
Imagine they won also! LFC the first team to win at BM

We would never hear the end if it

Any increases that don't involve just standing ratios would require the roof to be dismantled along the east stand and a new tier adding. Not unlike city's extension, the first of which took place in 2014 and cost £50 million (remember a goal stand is not as big as a side stand). I would say it would be comfortably getting up to that 100 million figure.

The cheapest solution would be to add a few thousand by expanding the North stand but we would need to buy the land, the concourse would need to be extended to take the extra capacity and would still cost £50-60 million for very little gain. The club will make most of the money through the premium seats, naming rights, events. Three thousand extra tickets isn't going to make a world of difference especially given the outlay.
I could be wrong but I think the concourse have been future-proofed for any increase in the capacity.

I could be wrong but I think the concourse have been future-proofed for any increase in the capacity.

Think that is more the lower tiers. The South upper concourse perhaps? But if you compare the two below, we would just be making the North Upper go as high as the South. It would be a lot more cramped in that North concourse with that increased capacity.

Screenshot_20230520_133132_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220825-081721_HP ePrint.jpg

Think that is more the lower tiers. The South upper concourse perhaps? But if you compare the two below, we would just be making the North Upper go as high as the South. It would be a lot more cramped in that North concourse with that increased capacity.

View attachment 254926

View attachment 254925

I always thought those docks were much deeper than what they actually are. Only just noticed it then on those 2 images.

View attachment 254926

View attachment 254925
If we could extend the upper tier into United Utilities land that would also increase the concourse size.
The reconfiguring of the roof would be the bigger and more costly obstacle to overcome I would imagine.

When floodlights were first introduced at goodison Oct 9 1957 we played Liverpool
In a friendly that night