New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yeah I did have that same thought not that long ago. Mind you it's still 10-11m deep!

I thought it said 7m and I was thinking that's a double decker and a single decker bus on top. If it's 10m-11 deep I guess that's nearly 3 double deckers. I don't know why, but I thought it would be like 20-25m deep, obviously I was under the impression that the QE2 would just park in there when there was water lol

I thought it said 7m and I was thinking that's a double decker and a single decker bus on top. If it's 10m-11 deep I guess that's nearly 3 double deckers. I don't know why, but I thought it would be like 20-25m deep, obviously I was under the impression that the QE2 would just park in there when there was water lol

I think the QE2 had just less than a 10m draught. Whether she could negotiate the locks is another matter. Hence the reason for the landing stage.

If we could extend the upper tier into United Utilities land that would also increase the concourse size.
The reconfiguring of the roof would be the bigger and more costly obstacle to overcome I would imagine.

Yeah the concourse would have to be extended as part of that process anyhow. I would say the roof wouldn't be the biggest deal in the world as it's fairly modular in design. Like the Principality Stadium can't justify filling in the 'gap', i don't think we will ever, as the cost to do so outweighs the benefit.

If we gain 3000 seats and each of those is worth £60 (In reality probably be less as some of those tickets would be concessions young and old) that's 2.73 million a season if we fill it for 19 games. If the redevelopment cost £50m (probably cost more in reality) that would take 18 years before it started to make money and that is of course relying on there being no interest attached to the funding.

We just have to be happy with what we have and hopefully safe standing ratios start to nudge it towards 60k in due course.

I am kind of guessing tbh but if you look sea level which all of those figures are measured from is set to 2/5 (slightly less) from the bottom. So the dock is probably 10m to the brim, perhaps 7m given the water line on that diagram. I call that we are both right! (you more so...:blush:)

I dont think there is much below the surface on big cruise ships, I think its only about 6-8m below the waterline.

I dont think there is much below the surface on big cruise ships, I think its only about 6-8m below the waterline.

Correct for most, even the biggest ones in the world are only just a bit more being 9 odd metres which was less than the draught of the Titanic (despite being 5 times the size). The beam of these ships are so wide they don't sit as deep.

Correct for most, even the biggest ones in the world are only just a bit more being 9 odd metres which was less than the draught of the Titanic (despite being 5 times the size). The beam of these ships are so wide they don't sit as deep.
which is mad when you consider they are 50+ metres tall above the waterline. When you see a cross section of the draft with the centre of mass positioned you can see how far over it would have to list before the CoM gets close to the edge of the draft, then it starts to make sense

In the last vid, the guy talks a bit about the reclaimed rails.
Are they reclaimed from the site originally (did they get pulled up and re-layed?
Are they back in the place where tracks once were? Would there be old maps showing these tracks in this location when they were functional?

In the last vid, the guy talks a bit about the reclaimed rails.
Are they reclaimed from the site originally (did they get pulled up and re-layed?
Are they back in the place where tracks once were? Would there be old maps showing these tracks in this location when they were functional?

Yes mate they're reclaimed from the original site, were taken up and are now getting re fitted in their original place.