New Everton Stadium

Queen Mary 2:
1725668756200.png

1725668794013.png

I don't think any new stadium looks particularly exciting. None of them have any character which was the whole point.

Needless to say I don't think the past 5 years of misery and God knows how long of future suffering will have been worth it for this "upgrade" over Goodison
The fact you put upgrade in inverted commars I assume you are being sarcastic and really mean it isn't an upgrade. Are you totally deluded and just one of those fans that moans like sh1t about everything? I mean it is very clearly an upgrade from what we have currently. Location is first class, facilities will be amazing and great views from.every seat. Sorry but nostalgia aside goodison park is an absolute hole and a terrible experience for lots of fans craning their necks around posts.

That was an original render for the 62k version mate.

The South stand will still be steeper and higher than the Kop but that's an old version that Meis shown
8 rows have been knocked off it. So kop is 76 rows, ours s 60 rows rather than 68.

Wasnt it to do with the height of the stand they reduced it? Although no idea why they couldn't just reduce the distance of the roof to the stand, or reduce the steepness to fit more rows in.

8 rows have been knocked off it. So kop is 76 rows, ours s 60 rows rather than 68.

Wasnt it to do with the height of the stand they reduced it? Although no idea why they couldn't just reduce the distance of the roof to the stand, or reduce the steepness to fit more rows in.

I think the stand is as legally steep as it can be mate. The lowered the roof but that was for world heritage status demands and that didn't affect the capacity. By that point we'd already agreed on the 52.888 capacity

I don't think any new stadium looks particularly exciting. None of them have any character which was the whole point.

Needless to say I don't think the past 5 years of misery and God knows how long of future suffering will have been worth it for this "upgrade" over Goodison

Goodison is utterly toxic. We need to leave there as soon as is feasibly possible in my opinion. I want a complete reboot of the football club in every department, we should be moving into the new stadium in January. I’m still furious that we’ve made the decision to leave it sat empty for 8 months while we continue to fester at Goodison.

Goodison is utterly toxic. We need to leave there as soon as is feasibly possible in my opinion. I want a complete reboot of the football club in every department, we should be moving into the new stadium in January. I’m still furious that we’ve made the decision to leave it sat empty for 8 months while we continue to fester at Goodison.
It's not going to be ready by January tbf

Comfortably the highest number of top flight seasons of all but one stadium on the planet surely shouts "talisman", not toxicity?

However, our current debt is potentially highly toxic, and has been instrumental in our recent PSR and team-spending woes, and even has the owner desperate to get off at edge hill, so close to completion. Loading more debt onto the club with every loan off failed prospective new owners. Nothing whatsoever to do with Goodison, except perhaps its 30+yr managed decline under incompetent and often truly toxic custodians.

Comfortably the highest number of top flight seasons of all but one stadium on the planet surely shouts "talisman", not toxicity?

However, our current debt is potentially highly toxic, and has been instrumental in our recent PSR and team-spending woes, and even has the owner desperate to get off at edge hill, so close to completion. Loading more debt onto the club with every loan off failed prospective new owners. Nothing whatsoever to do with Goodison, except perhaps its 30+yr managed decline under incompetent and often truly toxic custodians.

If we’d left 20 years ago when we should’ve done we wouldn’t be in the position we’re currently in. It has been the noose around our neck.

Well, tbf, it is.
It won’t be ready, Laing are only responsible for the construction which will be finished November/December. The club are taking a lot on after that to bring it to completion. There’s been no time frame stated for that work to be done. The fancy stones on Everton Way are to be laid by the club as well, can’t do any test events while all this is going on, let alone host competitive matches. I reckon it’ll be fully finished (and safe for paying public) around April. And that’s assuming the club have got their act together for all of the stuff they’re responsible for.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back