New Everton Stadium Discussion

Cash flow shouldn't really matter for a capital project though. It looks like we would be funding the project through loans and currently there is a lot of liquidity in the markets.

As for our current match day income at under £20m per season it is largely irrelevant.

Planning usually involves an incredible amount of forwards and backwards on the minutia. I would guess it is planning that is holding things up. My understanding is that the Council have been supportive but this is a really complex project with a whole host of other parties involved.

Matchday revenue isnt just gate receipts tho, its the like of sponsorship as well.

I do agree its a small amount of our total income, but we also have no idea if Sky and the like will cut payments again.

I just think it suits us a little that we dont have money going out of the business currently.

I know we will get funding from elsewhere.

But as you say, the whole world was paused for 3 months, so some slight delays are to be expected.

https://breakingnews.ie/
Everton’s proposed new stadium part of coronavirus recovery plan
2.49202360.jpg
24/07/2020 - 11:33:00Back to Sport Home
By Press Association
Everton’s proposed new stadium at Liverpool city's Bramley-Moore Dock has been included as a key part of the area’s Covid-19 recovery plan.
It was anticipated work would start on the 52,888-capacity stadium in the autumn once planning permission had been granted.
While the global pandemic may yet impact on that timescale the project is seen as a major component to help the region bounce back economically.
Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of the Liverpool City Region, has published Building Back Better, an ambitious strategy setting out the city region’s pathway to recovery and Bramley-Moore Dock – labelled ‘The People’s Project’ by the club – and the community legacy project planned for the Goodison Park site have been included.
Everton chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale said: “While ‘The People’s Project’ is creating an iconic waterfront home for Everton and new community facilities and housing in L4, it will also deliver a significant economic boost for two disadvantaged areas of our city and address a skills gap to create job and apprenticeship opportunities for local people.”
Research carried out by international property consultancy CBRE indicates a new stadium would contribute a £1billion boost to the local economy, create up to 15,000 jobs, accelerate £650million of regeneration and attract 1.4m visitors to the city.

I've said this all the time, our economy needs this stadium .if there was ever a time to build a stadium it's now telling ye .job creation for the area will be unreal plus the projects around the stadium new homes desperately needed
This will be getting a push forward by everyone .stadium is on the way get ready our dream is about to come true!

He was getting his jarg info on Everton from that arch blagger Alexander Jarvis. He was the Esk’s source.

says it all really

hahahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahaahahaahahahaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It all makes so much sense now!

I bet this lad is The Esk's son. lol lol