New Everton Stadium

IMG-20170106-WA0000.webp

No sorry poorly worded by me, he'll exercise his options once PP is completed and the build commences - ie once it's totally established it's being built

Esk, are you basing this on the option having an express condition that it is exercisable only upon PP being completed, or do you just have a hunch that Moshiri will exercise it at that point? Said it before, but I really don't think that option agreement will be subject to that type of condition.

Gate receipts aren't that important anymore as can be seen from us freezing or lowering season ticket prices. The TV deal is by far the most important thing now along with commercial deals. If we sort out the commercial side and start competing on the pitch consistently then we can afford to offer cheap tickets and therefore sell more of them. 60k is probably a bit of a stretch but I think 55k would be a good number.

Despite the "Emptihad" nickname City do get close to sellouts every week and they are at around 55k. If we improve on the pitch and start to compete I have no doubt we'd do the same.

Anyone else finding it funny how they keep trying to post reasoned arguments about the new stadium on RAWK and then void them completely by saying things like this:

"The stadium? Well, I for one hope it happens. The joy of seeing 10, 15, even 20 thousand empty seats most other week will be enough for me. They can't see past their noses, what they need is a stadium perhaps in the range of 35,000 designed in a way that they can expand IF they make the necessary strides forward in the next decade and beyond."

lol

So we're averaging over 39,000 at the moment, having sold 1,200 of the away teams allocation in numerous games this season after repeatedly selling out the home sections, and we have thousands of obstructed views on sale for £40+, yet we need to reduce capacity?

There seems to be a complete inability to accept that we sell out Goodison at the moment. Loads of comments that we only sell out for big games.

Man City, Sunderland and West Ham have all had increases in attendances of well over 10,000 after moving Stadium, but Everton potentially moving to a bigger better more modern Stadium on the Waterfront with no obstructed views couldn't possibly mean the same happening for us!

Their sentiments are obviously ludicrous, but judging by some of the posts on here they align with the views of many of our own supporters. When I suggested that our new stadium should have at least the same capacity as Tottenham's new ground (61,000) a couple of months ago, I was met with a chorus of execration.

A substantial portion of our fanbase has been brainwashed into thinking that we are just another run-of-the-mill club, like West Brom or Sunderland.

Ped made a good point on the phone in that the city centre is getting too small and concentrated. It's critical that we, as a city, get this latest regeneration right.

Baltic Triangle through the Albert Dock/Pier Head then LW/10 Streets to L2 and Project Jennifer should enable us to offer top class facilities in many areas that will be essential if we are to be a competitive city again.

While it's funny witnessing their reaction they won't affect anything. I'm very positive about the cities future and proud we'll be right at the heart of it.

Their arguments are about as organised as a lunatic in his padded cell throwing [Poor language removed] at the wall mate

Dont underestimate Peel's possible role in stirring things up in social media etc. If they dont want this to happen I'm sure they'll use every means possible to make it fail - including using shills and amplifying genuine Kopite angst against Everton occupying a dockland stadium..

Also see Manchester right now....two big clubs in one city. The world did not stop revolving on its axis as far as I know.
Just like to point out, there is only 1 team in Manchester, City. Utd are in Salford, which is greater Manchester.

What sort of time frame do we think we are looking at? 5 years before completion?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back