New Everton Stadium

Give us a break
*incredibly tenuous ITK report klaxon*

Of the type of source usually reserved for only the very best melt-down transfer threads, here we have a friend of a Reddit poster relaying info from the Norwegian Supporters Group who apparently spoke to Joe Anderson...or something.

"On our way home from an epic trip with the Norwegian Supportersclub! 140 Norwegian Evertonians made the trip. And what a trip it was! 4-0 win, AND WE MET DUNCAN after the game!! And on top of that we have some inside info on our new stadium in Bramley Moore. We got this from Joe Anderson, the mayor in Liverpool. This Thursday there is gonna be a pressconference where they will announce that we have bought the land. Finances are sorted WITHOUT Moshiris money. Moshiris money will be spendt on players only! Also new shirt sponsor for next season is USM! They are also heavy involved in the stadium, and thats why we can use Moshiris money on players!"

Ah a fellow Redditor

I'm amazed that the esk is still getting bad press by some given that the stuff he was supposed to have gotten wrong in the summer has been underlined to have been correct by Lukaku. A change of heart by the club on signing cheques for players isn't down to him. And the dock scheme claims made has been pretty much verified and are about to be proven to be true.

Of the type of source usually reserved for only the very best melt-down transfer threads, here we have a friend of a Reddit poster relaying info from the Norwegian Supporters Group who apparently spoke to Joe Anderson...or something.

"On our way home from an epic trip with the Norwegian Supportersclub! 140 Norwegian Evertonians made the trip. And what a trip it was! 4-0 win, AND WE MET DUNCAN after the game!! And on top of that we have some inside info on our new stadium in Bramley Moore. We got this from Joe Anderson, the mayor in Liverpool. This Thursday there is gonna be a pressconference where they will announce that we have bought the land. Finances are sorted WITHOUT Moshiris money. Moshiris money will be spendt on players only! Also new shirt sponsor for next season is USM! They are also heavy involved in the stadium, and thats why we can use Moshiris money on players!"

As tenuous as that source is, and the "fact" the mayor told 140 random Noerwegians all that detail, it does actually tally with bits and bobs I have heard. Literally, bits and bobs. Way too abstract to post about.

But lets see.

If funding package or planned packages are announced tomorrow then when all the dust settles THAT will be the key factor to discuss. After all, the whole reason for any move will be to generate cash for the club. What we dont want is Everton being glorified tenants who dont gain in any other way than holding onto a share of the matchday revenue.

Vigilance is the watchword here.
In total agreement with you here, Dave.

I would hate for us to be tenants in any new stadium.

If we've got the money, there is no need for us to be leasing a stadium.

I've just seen a yacht pull in to BMD, fat Russian guy at the helm blasting z-cars all over the gaff

c9d63c04-250d-4a67-885b-2294a0f1fa91.jpeg

I think Everton will only announce BM when everything is in place and watertight and I think when they do, it will be with plans, designs, as well as timelines. They have held off drip feeding us bits of information despite Peel and Big Joe doing just that. I'm sure Everton will want to announce this historic moment with a load of fanfare to go with it.

Edit: phwoar, tell me the USM logo in white wouldn't look beaut on a royal blue shirt -

about%20us_collage.png
Lets see if there is an announcement, but there were a load of Norweigans in the UB on Saturday above the away fans, so I suppose this could have legs.

Tomorrow could turn out very exciting, or be the massive letdown I am letting myself believe it is.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back