New Everton Stadium

I didn't realise that Chelsea don't own the freehold to Stamford Bridge. I suppose we'll have a similar situation to then once built, we'll own the structure, but lease the land.

I love the Chelsea design...possible my favourite stadium design!

Totally unique in many ways...particularly like how it's not a uniform shape, looks very modern/contemporary, yet incorporates stone bricks.

Though I understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Although stadiums like the Emirates and Wembley are nice and that...I find them boring.

I quite like the Chelsea exterior. That will stand the test of time. The Spurs interior looks superior from what I can make out.

But Abramovich is mega-minted! WHY WON'T HE INVEST AND BUY HIS CLUB A STADIUM OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET THAT CHANCER

Harsh that, he spent the best part of £700m, well loaned Chelsea that and if it weren't for him they would've gone bust mate.

Still can't see Chelsea filling a 60k stadium but could be wrong

Would sell my soul to be the lead designer. Everton has the chance to be creative with their strategic options. The proposed redevelopment of Liverpool's waterfront will offer the opportunity to be creative compared to redeveloping Goodison within its existing site context. The planning procedure in the UK is very similar to where I am from and I believe Liverpool's planning authority would welcome/favour a unique design that would be an asset to the area. The proposed Bramley-Moore site has many constraints but also offers many opportunities. The design team will be working on several strategic options and will choose one to develop further. It's all about potential, feasibility and achieving the clients brief. I'd love to know what Everton's brief is. There is so much work ahead and I personally would be surprised if a planning application was made before September.

I believe Chelsea owe him the money though and are considered in debt to him. If he sells Chelsea he will want it back, this is what I heard a while back. I believe they owe him around 1 billion pounds.

Yes, I think technically you're right. But my point was he is paying for the stadium from his own pocket. I'm sure they'll have a business plan in place that means he gets the stadium costs back eventually, but if it doesn't work out he can write them off. He is taking on the risk.

I love the Chelsea design...possible my favourite stadium design!

Totally unique in many ways...particularly like how it's not a uniform shape, looks very modern/contemporary, yet incorporates stone bricks.

Though I understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Although stadiums like the Emirates and Wembley are nice and that...I find them boring.
Just had a look, and I'm with you on that. It certainly looks innovative and unique - I'd love one similar (but better!).
Can't help thinking that from some angles it looks like the lid of a pop bottle though.

Just had a look, and I'm with you on that. It certainly looks innovative and unique - I'd love one similar (but better!).
Can't help thinking that from some angles it looks like the lid of a pop bottle though.

Me too it's a proper stand out ground and being made from work brickwork and it's sheer size will make it differ to other stadiums.

I'm just concerned our stadium will be like Meiss' other designs where they look a bit plastic and hollow.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back