New Everton Stadium

Why all the doom and gloom ? I don't get it? Great day to be a blue. Stadium will be 100% Everton now and Meiss and his team can crack on with their initial designs without the 'running track' issue.

Because these people have to find something new to moan about. Until today it was that the Commonwealth Games Bid would mean the Stadium design would be compromised if Liverpool won the bid. There has been post after post of outrage about how the club and Anderson have signed us up to a deal that would give us only a slightly improved Olympic Stadium. Now that hasn't happened, and their moaning was all for nothing, they have to switch to a new reason to create negativity which now seems to be some assumption that we will struggle to finance the deal and it will fall through.

Their reasoning? Because of failed moves in the past under Kenwright, and it wouldn't surprise me if some who are aggrieved by deadline day will link Moshiri's 'failures' on that day to sealing the Stadium deal.

I personally expect things to move far quicker now that this obstacle is out of the way. Meis will be able to proceed as initially planned and we will see some more info in the coming months. Positive news in my opinion.

Its a shame for the city, but i have said for months Birmingham would win. They had the majority of the team that was behind the 2012 winning bid preparing there bid and the company that had won the previous few commonwealth games doing a feaseability study for them.

They had the right expertise behind them.

Expect to see some plans now the games are going to Birmingham. Wasn't worth showing us the version that involved a track before the announcement because of the outrage it would have caused.

My feelings also. Was expecting a 3-sided stadium had we won until post games but now they can carry on as per original plan.

Spurs really going for the bells and whistles stadium. That NFL money must help.

I thought Lille also had a retractable pitch that divided into two.

OOooo.. watch the stadium go quiet. Would it surprise anyone if the stadium build hinged on Commonwealth Game money?
Cosby-Facepalm.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back