New Everton Stadium

The money is being paid back, it's literally guaranteed by LCC.

As for the second point guarantors are legally obliged to do so. That's why they are guarantors.

You are aware of the purpose of the SPV?
Have any contracts regarding the SPV and the council acting as guarantors been signed yet?
I still think this will hit the rocks if we get relegated, as income from all sources - TV, gate money, commercial revenue, naming rights - will be substantially reduced, despite the parachute payments.
Staying in the Premier League is essential for this project to succeed.

The thing is as we are paying it back over 30/40 years the increased capacity and the improved corporate facilities plus sponsorship due to naming rights and the prime location will pay for itself.

Say we did go down and we had reduced capacity and ticket prices due to being in the lower division, assuming we average £29 per ticket with a capacity of 35k at Goodison and 50k at the new stadium, then the return will be:

GP = £23,345,000
BM = £33,350,000

The cost of borrowing including the councils 4 million a year on top would be anywhere between 12-20 million depending on length of loan and interest rates. We would have made 10 million of that back through the ticketing and at a lower estimate we should be able to pull in 5 million per year for naming rights. That could mean we are a few million up or need to pay out a a few for a spanking new stadium on the Mersey. Not bad eh?

If you go to the full capacities then it works out something like this per season: (assuming BM will be 60k)

GP = £26,346,500
BM = £40,020,000

This again doesn't take into account that the corporate side will be much better at Bramley Moore than at Goodison.

When you go up to full ticket prices being in the prem and the extra sponsorship, if we can secure european games then the differences will grow further again. It is worth the risk, sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate, not even mentioning the prestige of being in that location, which could be a major factor in whether we can break out of the other lots shadow.

From a business perspective this is a complete no brainer.
That's a great response thank you.
My concern remains that if we are in the Championship we will not generate sufficient revenue to make the move viable. Some of your assumptions on attendances seem to be extremely optimistic.
I also agree that you have to speculate to accumulate, but I wonder whether any of the parties involved would see this as too risky a proposition if Everton's income streams are hit by relegation.

That's a great response thank you.
My concern remains that if we are in the Championship we will not generate sufficient revenue to make the move viable. Some of your assumptions on attendances seem to be extremely optimistic.
I also agree that you have to speculate to accumulate, but I wonder whether any of the parties involved would see this as too risky a proposition if Everton's income streams are hit by relegation.

Are they really that optimistic? Newcastle averaged over 51k in the championship last season (94% of capacity) so if we do have a 60k stadium and can get an average around 50k, (83% and remember I have set the average ticket price as £29, nearly £10 cheaper than the current lowest adult price) then we can create 10 more million in income, if the BM estimate is a little high then you could say the 35k average for GP is too, if that comes down by 5k (that probably gets rid of the worst of the restricted views) then the BM average can come down too, if you still get the 10 million difference that pays a good chunk of the stadium loan.

Even if it costs 2-5 million more a season than we would make by staying at GP, we are still putting ourselves in a better long term scenario where growth is possible. GP will only get smaller, it's not inconceivable that some bright spark will raise a case against restricted views and cause a ruling that you can't charge for something where you can only see x percentage of the field. This would then lead to having to spend millions on GP to cantilever the roofs etc and that would cause more problems to us financially than the new stadium on tick.

Also it gives us the best chance to find a rich investor after Moshiri, stay at GP then we will have the likes of Kenwright owning us forever as we get left behind by almost every club in the country. Yes it really is that serious.

Careful what you wish for. I'm a mod on a man city forum and the bell ends on there moaning about the atmosphere at the etihad probably out number those that were moaning about the state of Maine Rd. Without doubt Goodison is one of the worst toilets in the league, but it's your toilet, and it contains your heart and soul.

Careful what you wish for. I'm a mod on a man city forum and the bell ends on there moaning about the atmosphere at the etihad probably out number those that were moaning about the state of Maine Rd. Without doubt Goodison is one of the worst toilets in the league, but it's your toilet, and it contains your heart and soul.

I hope next time you're at our toilet we take a massive dump then flush your head

Bellends eh? Actually you're right.

Bellends eh? Actually you're right.
Lol. Like to come on here and other forums for a break tbh. Me and the other mods on BM are getting dogs abuse for our hard work nowadays. It seems like ever since a couple of us have tried to stamp out gay jokes and use of the 'c' word everyone on there thinks we are one!
Anyway, we'll done today. Fantastic fight back.

Panorama doing us no favours at all with the Council I'm afraid.
Big pressure on JA to give reassurance that:
a) Moshiri isn't dodgy and the Council aren't signing up to something that could all come crashing down
b) That we're not building a massive new stadium for a Championship club

Don't think anything has happened yet to derail things, but serious questions are being asked. Talk of "forensic accounting" being requested to absolute make certain all is above board.

Lol. Like to come on here and other forums for a break tbh. Me and the other mods on BM are getting dogs abuse for our hard work nowadays. It seems like ever since a couple of us have tried to stamp out gay jokes and use of the 'c' word everyone on there thinks we are one!
Anyway, we'll done today. Fantastic fight back.
Oh but you can come on here and give abuse about Goodison being a toilet, that's you having a break from the abuse is it?

We'll done to you too. (whatever that means)

The main difference is EFC start from a blank page unless yourselves where the stadium layout was dictated by the CG.

Anyway, here's a new link of moderate interest....
https://blueprint.cbre.com/want-a-l...t&utm_campaign=Native&utm_term=Better+Stadium

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back