New Everton Stadium

I think I can help with that , you may have been sitting on the concrete step what you need to do is pull the the blue flap down so it is at right angles to the back frame thus forming a seat.

Your welcome
Wider seats, definitely wider. I'm of a fairly athletic build, but I often have my seat invaded by some horrendously portly types. I may be being anti-social, but it gets more than cosy at times.

Just you wait until there's more than 4 direct flights a week to China, and the seats will get snapped up. Bang another tourist club!

I wonder how we avoid becoming a tourist club like our neighbours. Mind you that's a bridge to cross in a few years' time in the best case scenario.

Why would we stop the tourists? Wouldnt that mean the club is a place people want to visit and see and spend their money at? This sounds like the same lack of foresight the club is riddled with. I want the team to stay true and be great but that just isnt reality and what does that mean anyway. Stay at Goodison because it has history or sell out and (hopefully) get a good team? No question for me as I actually want to see my club win something.

We need ambition and an understanding of what it takes to succeed in the modern game. A new stadium sponsored by someone is sadly one of the big steps. Tesco's Stadium here we come ; )

Why would we stop the tourists? Wouldnt that mean the club is a place people want to visit and see and spend their money at? This sounds like the same lack of foresight the club is riddled with. I want the team to stay true and be great but that just isnt reality and what does that mean anyway. Stay at Goodison because it has history or sell out and (hopefully) get a good team? No question for me as I actually want to see my club win something.

We need ambition and an understanding of what it takes to succeed in the modern game. A new stadium sponsored by someone is sadly one of the big steps. Tesco's Stadium here we come ; )
My point was how do you incorporate those who are occasional or one off visitors yet maintain the atmosphere and traditional fan base and their idiosyncrasies which make the Everton experience unique. It's probably impossible, but how do you minimise the loss in 'character' (i.e. be one of those tourist clubs, where every other bum on seat has a selfie stick) whilst maximising the gain in revenues.

I want to move to a wonderful stadium on the waterfront that is the envy of the world. So back on track, where is the plans/ planning application Everton?

My point was how do you incorporate those who are occasional or one off visitors yet maintain the atmosphere and traditional fan base and their idiosyncrasies which make the Everton experience unique. It's probably impossible, but how do you minimise the loss in 'character' (i.e. be one of those tourist clubs, where every other bum on seat has a selfie stick) whilst maximising the gain in revenues.

I want to move to a wonderful stadium on the waterfront that is the envy of the world. So back on track, where is the plans/ planning application Everton?

I'd like to see certain areas of the ground set aside for different types of fans. It doesn't have to be discriminatory obviously or widespread throughout the whole ground as you wouldn't want to minimise potential income through sales but they could set aside one end for the most vociferous supporters who have proven they're long term committed fans. Or even half of one of the ends behind the goal e.g had a purchase history for x amount of years with a certain number of games attended in that time. Would still give anyone else the opportunity to buy in the other half of that end. Then you could have a more family section along one of the sides.

Maybe a moaners/booing section too. Stick them up in the top tier with the worst view lol.

I'd like to see certain areas of the ground set aside for different types of fans. It doesn't have to be discriminatory obviously or widespread throughout the whole ground as you wouldn't want to minimise potential income through sales but they could set aside one end for the most vociferous supporters who have proven they're long term committed fans. Or even half of one of the ends behind the goal e.g had a purchase history for x amount of years with a certain number of games attended in that time. Would still give anyone else the opportunity to buy in the other half of that end. Then you could have a more family section along one of the sides.

Maybe a moaners/booing section too. Stick them up in the top tier with the worst view lol.
Booing section in a tin shed, that rattles and clangs when they boo. Some on here would say that we would be in breach of noise regulations if we had that!

Just you wait until there's more than 4 direct flights a week to China, and the seats will get snapped up. Bang another tourist club!

I wonder how we avoid becoming a tourist club like our neighbours. Mind you that's a bridge to cross in a few years' time in the best case scenario.
Best thing to do is stay at Goodison and only make tickets available that are at the back of the lower bullens, stuck behind a pillar. In the 90's I didn't have a problem getting a ticket with a good view in the main stand. Pity I had to watch a team with Vinny Samways and managed by Mike Walker. In recent years as the attendances have increased, it seems that most seats available to me have a restricted view. As a result I'm less keen to spend a large amount of my hard earned money to fly to Liverpool, stay in the local hotels, eat in restaurants, and buy items at the club shop. If a nice new stadium was available for the first time in 33 years as an Everton fan, I'd be more willing to travel to watch Everton.

I guess the answer to ridding the club of people like me is to stay at Goodison. Actually - that won't work either. Sorry.

Yeah its going to be difficult. Are there any examples of this working well? Ive heard the Bernabeu is pretty good for atmosphere and they must have a ton of tourists.

Best thing to do is stay at Goodison and only make tickets available that are at the back of the lower bullens, stuck behind a pillar. In the 90's I didn't have a problem getting a ticket with a good view in the main stand. Pity I had to watch a team with Vinny Samways and managed by Mike Walker. In recent years as the attendances have increased, it seems that most seats available to me have a restricted view. As a result I'm less keen to spend a large amount of my hard earned money to fly to Liverpool, stay in the local hotels, eat in restaurants, and buy items at the club shop. If a nice new stadium was available for the first time in 33 years as an Everton fan, I'd be more willing to travel to watch Everton.

I guess the answer to ridding the club of people like me is to stay at Goodison. Actually - that won't work either. Sorry.

Excellent post.........

Excellent post.........
To be fair, I do understand where Yarrgh is coming from. When I see a game at old Trafford and half the crowd are obviously tourists watching the game through their phones, I’d hate the same to happen to Everton.

Sometimes though, genuine fans from abroad, who have stuck with the team through Brett Angel, don’t like being lumped in with the fans Yarrgh is talking about.

I bear no ill will towards his sentiment.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back