New Everton Stadium

Listening to the echos podcast and thet lot of em are yellow belly snakes.

Gav Buckland thinks we should go with 45,000 seats whats even the point.

If our board, ex players and reporters had an ounce of ambition that the majority of our fans have we would be challenging the top 6 every season.

I cringed listening to them mate I really did.

Should debate the stadium because of brexit and sky showing all games I seriously LOL'ed

It really was a room of the most unambitious Evertonians I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. In fact I'm 99% sure that Elstone must have been there overseeing everything to ensure they played it down as much as possible.

Question was would you rather have a 50k stadium with a boss atmosphere but csnt build it any bigger or a 57k stadium where you can add another 5k ( even though 5 minutes before this they all agreed the atmosphere is largely dictated by the performance on the pitch which is how it's generally always been as an Evertonian ) and they go "hmmm that' a really tough question that and I'd probably sway to 50k" lol

It really was a room of the most unambitious Evertonians I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. In fact I'm 99% sure that Elstone must have been there overseeing everything to ensure they played it down as much as possible.

Question was would you rather have a 50k stadium with a boss atmosphere but csnt build it any bigger or a 57k stadium where you can add another 5k ( even though 5 minutes before this they all agreed the atmosphere is largely dictated by the performance on the pitch which is how it's generally always been as an Evertonian ) and they go "hmmm that' a really tough question that and I'd probably sway to 50k" lol
He has previous. Remember the leaked emails where he wrote he was relying on the Echo and Talksport presenters to 'get our message out'? That was with regard to rebuffing the Blue Union at the time, but the principle holds.

The only one on those podcasts who I think doesnt go by a script is that scally one Tony Scott is it? No coincidence he was missing from it with some 13 year old joining Gav "the arl arse" Buckland and Greg "im too big for the local rag" O'keefe.

Yellow bellys.

He has previous. Remember the leaked emails where he wrote he was relying on the Echo and Talksport presenters to 'get our message out'? That was with regard to rebuffing the Blue Union at the time, but the principle holds.

I just don't believe for 1 second you can get 4 Evertonians in a room agreeing with what they were saying unless it was pre planned to approach the conversation that way. It just seemed far too obvious listening to it and how they were trying to spin that what Elstone said was a positive and lobbing in 50k and then suggesting 45k would even be enough that i just thoight it was a pathetic attempt at fellas pretending to pass themselves off as Evertonians but with an alternative motive.

And folk wonder why some of us class ourselves still as a massive club when you've got crap like that getting peddled by the yes men brigade pushing the small club punching above our weight mantra for years

I take it you listened to the podcast as well lol couldn't believe what I was listening to....shouldnt be over ambitious, 50k might be too much, football's changed so grounds could be empty ( yeah cos none of us get streams these days yet we still sell out ).

I stopped listening after that but it wouldn't surprise me after saying we should watch our pennies on the stadium if they said "yeah but they should pay 50m for Tosun as we badly need a striker".

Unreal the tripe they talked about the stadium, not one Evertonian I know or have spoken to has had that kind of tone/attitude when it comes to what we all want for the stadium.
I think it should be in a supermarket car park just outside the city!

I just don't believe for 1 second you can get 4 Evertonians in a room agreeing with what they were saying unless it was pre planned to approach the conversation that way. It just seemed far too obvious listening to it and how they were trying to spin that what Elstone said was a positive and lobbing in 50k and then suggesting 45k would even be enough that i just thoight it was a pathetic attempt at fellas pretending to pass themselves off as Evertonians but with an alternative motive.

And folk wonder why some of us class ourselves still as a massive club when you've got crap like that getting peddled by the yes men brigade

It's all the same to Moshiri. he just wants investors to stump up the cash that the club will have to pay back when he's long gone and pocketed his profit from the sale of his shares. He wont give a monkeys whether it's 45k or 65k. If investment for a larger stadium isn't there he'll shrug.

It's all the same to Moshiri. he just wants investors to stump up the cash that the club will have to pay back when he's long gone and pocketed his profit from the sale of his shares. He wont give a monkeys whether it's 45k or 65k. If investment for a larger stadium isn't there he'll shrug.
Agree except that if all else fails it will be totally constructed from cheap steel. He knows a man who can get it.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt mate on this until we've seen the plans and capacity as like I said yesterday, imo he has to get this stadium spot on. A 45k Ikea discount flat pack just won't do.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back