New Everton Stadium

I presume you have some proof that we used our overdraft and dipped into the Chinese credit card Dave?

At this point I will use the same form of words as the esk has in his recent blog: "there is a fairly solid assumption to be made" concerning outgoings this summer (in terms of fees and wages) that they were balanced by the maximization of the club's credit facilities plus player sales.

At this point I will use the same form of words as the esk has in his recent blog: "there is a fairly solid assumption to be made" concerning outgoings this summer (in terms of fees and wages) that they were balanced by the maximization of the club's credit facilities plus player sales.

we defo need a huge meat injection from the mosh

Esk?

So no proof then, that's all you had to say.

Esk?

So no proof then, that's all you had to say.

But he's right to say that in the absence of the exact data it's permissible to make a strong case that, given that the Santander transfer payments from City and United were brought forward (and he produces evidence of that), the Chinese Bank credit, which is a three year facility, has likely also been activated. The club were obviously looking to lean heavily on borrowing this summer.

And I think he's also right in the conclusions he drew re the future: more sqaud pruning; more reliance on credit, and therefore a necessity for the club to both grow commercially to avoid getting locked into these destructive cycles AND to get a capital injection from a rights issue maybe.

But he's right to say that in the absence of the exact data it's permissible to make a strong case that, given that the Santander transfer payments from City and United were brought forward (and he produces evidence of that), the Chinese Bank credit, which is a three year facility, has likely also been activated. The club were obviously looking to lean heavily on borrowing this summer. And I think he's also right in the conclusions he drew re the future: more sqaud pruning; more reliance on credit, and therefore a necessityfor the club to both grow commervcially to avoid getting locked into these cycles AND to get a capital injection from a rights issue maybe.

If they have loaned heavy this summer do you think thats because they are hoping to recoup this via means of prem finish and successful cup runs etc, or by means of someone investing heavily?

If they have loaned heavy this summer do you think thats because they are hoping to recoup this via means of prem finish and successful cup runs etc, or by means of someone investing heavily?
I tink they know they still have an asset or two left to sell and are comfortable with the level of credit: which can almost be wiped out with a Pickford sale.

I tink they know they still have an asset or two left to sell and are comfortable with the level of credit: which can almost be wiped out with a Pickford sale.

so you think the plan is to recoup the money by selling pickford at the end of the season? It just seems alot of money to borrow if we are planning on building a stadium and putting money into the build, then borrowing on credit for transfer's etc. Seems like a student whos just been given their first credit card. Well unless if they have a rich daddy to pay it off...

But he's right to say that in the absence of the exact data it's permissible to make a strong case that, given that the Santander transfer payments from City and United were brought forward (and he produces evidence of that), the Chinese Bank credit, which is a three year facility, has likely also been activated. The club were obviously looking to lean heavily on borrowing this summer.

And I think he's also right in the conclusions he drew re the future: more sqaud pruning; more reliance on credit, and therefore a necessity for the club to both grow commercially to avoid getting locked into these destructive cycles AND to get a capital injection from a rights issue maybe.

I stopped reading in at "he's right to say".

Come back when you have somebody with actual knowledge.

Esk is preaching caution... and correctly so.

However, on the grand scale of things his summaries and predictions Everton related have been wildly off the mark.
His predictions relating to our targets two windows ago were wrong.
His predictions about Moshiri/ Usmanov/Everton/Arsenal have all been blown out of the water leaving only Usmanov to officially take some ownership for a clean sweep of incorrectness.

Given that he hasn't had a clue in the past about Everton or anything to do with the club it is reasonable to assume that his current guesswork is also erroneous. I don't for one second doubt his thought are genuine but are no more than that and follow on from a poor record of getting things right in the past.

My own belief is that there is a grand plan and there has been from day one of Moshiri arriving at Everton.
This plan may involve Usmanov at some future date or somebody else, but this is a plan unfolding albeit with a couple of major hiccups en route.

Given his connection with Arsenal it wouldn't surprise me if initially Usmanov may not directly get involved with Everton but may do so unofficially through another associate or partner.

Esk is preaching caution

tenor.gif

Esk is preaching caution... and correctly so.

However, on the grand scale of things his summaries and predictions Everton related have been wildly off the mark.
His predictions relating to our targets two windows ago were wrong.
His predictions about Moshiri/ Usmanov/Everton/Arsenal have all been blown out of the water leaving only Usmanov to officially take some ownership for a clean sweep of incorrectness.

Given that he hasn't had a clue in the past about Everton or anything to do with the club it is reasonable to assume that his current guesswork is also erroneous. I don't for one second doubt his thought are genuine but are no more than that and follow on from a poor record of getting things right in the past.

My own belief is that there is a grand plan and there has been from day one of Moshiri arriving at Everton.
This plan may involve Usmanov at some future date or somebody else, but this is a plan unfolding albeit with a couple of major hiccups en route.

Given his connection with Arsenal it wouldn't surprise me if initially Usmanov may not directly get involved with Everton but may do so unofficially through another associate or partner.

Esk is back tracking after being made to look silly ( again ).

Dave. I think the difference with somebody like Moshiri/Usmanov is they can see the money to be made... wheras the rest of us mortals see the money that can be lost.The stake Usmanove held in Arsenal is a classic case. Although powerless at the club it was a brilliant investment and made him a pot of money.

I believe Moshiri/Usmanov could look at a club like Everton and see the potential to make a fortune here as well.... just as every owner of every Premiership club does... bar none.
There has been a huge investment by the owners of Man City/ Chelsea and yet if they sold up today they would still make money.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back