Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Did he say which summer?

:rolleyes:

I don't think this is something where the club or the supporters need to feel rushed. Even from the outside it's clearly a very complex thing to accomplish, better to get it right, whether its the design, financing, choices around building materials etc. than rush it and make a mistake that's around for a long time. In the meantime there's one of the great stadia in world football to enjoy and appreciate for what's likely to be a short period of time.

Genuinely not seeing the hype over the Spurs stadium. Give it 2 years and it'll just be another Premier League stadium. People are losing their minds because they serve Beavertown behind the bar and you can get abit of cheese. The stadium itself is massively underwhelming and if you ask any proper Spurs fan in ten years time what they preferred they'll tell you the old one. When you get down to the nuts and bolts of it all without a shadow of doubt the 2 main things Everton need to focus on is 1* trying to even get close to replicating the Goodison atmosphere and 2* creating some form of unusual and original stadium that sets us apart from every other generic stadium in the league. Couldn't care less about creating better match day experience...I can do that for myself.

There is no cheese room. Media myth.
Of course old timers like me will always prefer the old girl but modern football fans and the ones that come after me & my kind will & do love the new place.
Surprised you are able to give it such an unbiased appraisal if you haven't been there yet.

Everything.
Sightlines , Massive home end , Acustically better than any other stadium.
Great concourses , plenty for every type of fan be it high stakes execs or hardend supporters even disabled access.Plus convertable rail seating.
Far better than any stadium in the UK.

Excellent post. Disabled fans get just as good a view as the rest of us. They are no longer stuck pitch side but mixed in all over the ground.
The noise from the single tier stand can be incredible at time. Fans (home & away) are tactitly allowed to stand in the 'safe standing' ready sections.
The sightlines are excellent as well, i don't think there is a bad view (for home fans at least) in the place.

Genuinely not seeing the hype over the Spurs stadium. Give it 2 years and it'll just be another Premier League stadium. People are losing their minds because they serve Beavertown behind the bar and you can get abit of cheese. The stadium itself is massively underwhelming and if you ask any proper Spurs fan in ten years time what they preferred they'll tell you the old one. When you get down to the nuts and bolts of it all without a shadow of doubt the 2 main things Everton need to focus on is 1* trying to even get close to replicating the Goodison atmosphere and 2* creating some form of unusual and original stadium that sets us apart from every other generic stadium in the league. Couldn't care less about creating better match day experience...I can do that for myself.
nonsense
thats like saying you dont mind if you live in a nice house in a nice area or a 1 bedroom flat above a chippy.

nonsense
thats like saying you dont mind if you live in a nice house in a nice area or a 1 bedroom flat above a chippy.

I don't like the design of the stands tbh, too similar to other populous stadia - and the home end is like Marsielles- except spurs isn't intimidating.

I believe we will get our home end right. if not I will be quite disappointed. I want a unique interior. .

More evidence that 52k is too small.

your not taking into consideration the ticket price increases or the fact that some of those people on the list their circumstances may change, e.g. they may be single at the moment and earning a fair amount, by the time the stadium is here all those savings may go on a deposit on a house and he cant afford the season ticket anymore.

a lot of these season tickets are being snapped up because they are consessionaries.

over 65's are £300, I actually know a couple of tranmere fans that have season tickets at everton because the over 65 season ticket at tranmere is 260 a league 2 side, for an extra 40 quid they get to watch premier league football

your not taking into consideration the ticket price increases or the fact that some of those people on the list their circumstances may change, e.g. they may be single at the moment and earning a fair amount, by the time the stadium is here all those savings may go on a deposit on a house and he cant afford the season ticket anymore.

a lot of these season tickets are being snapped up because they are consessionaries.

over 65's are £300, I actually know a couple of tranmere fans that have season tickets at everton because the over 65 season ticket at tranmere is 260 a league 2 side, for an extra 40 quid they get to watch premier league football
You could say that about literally every club with a season ticket waiting list.

Facts remain that this is our most consistent period of filling out Goodison in the Premier League era and the waiting list increasing shows that there is no sign of Everton's popularity decreasing anytime soon.

There is an argument that a smaller stadium will increase the price of a ticket, with a larger stadium allowing tickets to be more affordable.

You could say that about literally every club with a season ticket waiting list.

Facts remain that this is our most consistent period of filling out Goodison in the Premier League era and the waiting list increasing shows that there is no sign of Everton's popularity decreasing anytime soon.

There is an argument that a smaller stadium will increase the price of a ticket, with a larger stadium allowing tickets to be more affordable.
theres almost certainly going to be a price hike to help pay off interest on the loan

Big home end apart it's the same as the emirates, few years and it'll be thought of as the same.

There's nothing especially unique about what we've seen from Meis so far, going by your logic. Not that that's a criticism, there's only so many ways you can put seats around a pitch.

But I look forward to seeing Meis' big blue Britannia Stadium with a single tier cut out at one end anyway. ;)

There's nothing especially unique about what we've seen from Meis so far, going by your logic. Not that that's a criticism, there's only so many ways you can put seats around a pitch.

But I look forward to seeing Meis' big blue Britannia Stadium with a single tier cut out at one end anyway. ;)

From what we'eve seen? We've seen literally Microsoft paint worthy renders, looks to me as though it's four different conjoined stands though so looks promising. I also think having limited space may work in our favour, being more compact will ensure it's not the same as most modern stadia.

Levy definitely asked for the emirates but with a single tier stand 100%.

"copy off my homework but don't make it obvious"

The quality of them doesn't matter. Unless they change massively, it's going to be four stands with squared off corners and a single tier. If NWHL is the Emirates with a single tier, BMD is going to be the Stadium of Light with a single tier.

You might like one concept more than the other, but you can't pretend what you're going to get is going to be massively more unique.

The quality of them doesn't matter. Unless they change massively, it's going to be four stands with squared off corners and a single tier. If NWHL is the Emirates with a single tier, BMD is going to be the Stadium of Light with a single tier.

You might like one concept more than the other, but you can't pretend what you're going to get is going to be massively more unique.

as long as it not the emirates of the north where your miles from the pitch I don't care.

we want a tight , atmospheric ground. I quite like juve's to be honest. a 55,000 - 60,000 version of that will be good

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back