Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

There will be no success with this scheme. Been round the block way too many times in the last 23 years to fall for this BS again.

In "about 12 months time" this thread will be on its 7,000th page and the topic being discussed will be the club's 18th fan consultation exercise...and Dan Meis will still be doing his "partial reveal" of a fantasy stadium design on his twitter page.

Perhaps Dave a new thread should be started?

I dont think so, I think its more about the idea that you have 4 unique sides to the stadium and when our stadium is built it will be built with a 52000 seats, but the capacity can be increased to 62,000, without major structural work, or we can add safe standing later if its approved
Pie in the sky. You're not going to get an extra 10,000 who are prepared to stand for 2 hours - every game. You'll be doing well to hit 62,000 3 or 4 games a season.
Though I don't know how long it takes to set up safe standing then back to seats.
I just dont see it as viable, I suppose time will tell.

Pie in the sky. You're not going to get an extra 10,000 who are prepared to stand for 2 hours - every game. You'll be doing well to hit 62,000 3 or 4 games a season.
Though I don't know how long it takes to set up safe standing then back to seats.
I just dont see it as viable, I suppose time will tell.
Really?

Why would people not be willing to stand for a couple of hours? Most gigs are standing, football fans have done it in the past.

If the tickets pricing reflects it (ie. Cheaper) I'd say with confidence that those tickets would sell out every game.

Really?

Why would people not be willing to stand for a couple of hours? Most gigs are standing, football fans have done it in the past.

If the tickets pricing reflects it (ie. Cheaper) I'd say with confidence that those tickets would sell out every game.
As I said time will tell.
But when they build it with 52,000 seats, the safe standing won't be built in as money constraints will apply. They will wait and see what the demand is over a few seasons, let the new stadium bounce even out.
Then decide that for 4 or 5 games per season it isn't worth it.
Accountants run these things, the head honcho is an accountant, nothing rash, wait and see, softly softly, will apply.
Time will tell, vault me in 5 or 6 yrs.

I see that Atletico's new stadium which is the venue tomorrow has a capacity of 67,829. They moved to it in 2017/18.
Their average attendance this season was just over 56,000 though. Even Real only had an average of 61,000 but that could be down to how awful their season was.

Also, I don't know how La Liga historically compares with the PL so probably best not to use their attendances and stadium sizes in any comparisons.

Drove past BMD and noticed how the new road layout incorporates a wide footpath separated from the road by high kerbstones,the footpath is only on the river side and runs all the way up to BMD then stops then carries on again after the dock, looks like it's designed for people coming out of the dock to head off in either direction without hopefully walking on the road.

Drove past BMD and noticed how the new road layout incorporates a wide footpath separated from the road by high kerbstones,the footpath is only on the river side and runs all the way up to BMD then stops then carries on again after the dock, looks like it's designed for people coming out of the dock to head off in either direction without hopefully walking on the road.

It's quite obvious this has been a case of lets spend the councils money building the infrastructure to help Everton prior to Everton starting work as there will be murder from the kopites if we start spending it once the stadium build starts. This is one of LCC contribution towards helping us IMO.

It's just another reason as to why I am 100% certain this exciting project will be happening.

I just hope we don't do the stadium cheap. i'd rather have a 52k quality stadium than a 65k load of rubbish (See Liverpool's big stand).

It's quite obvious this has been a case of lets spend the councils money building the infrastructure to help Everton prior to Everton starting work as there will be murder from the kopites if we start spending it once the stadium build starts. This is one of LCC contribution towards helping us IMO.

It's just another reason as to why I am 100% certain this exciting project will be happening.

I just hope we don't do the stadium cheap. i'd rather have a 52k quality stadium than a 65k load of rubbish (See Liverpool's big stand).

That work is for Liverpool 2 docks, been planned for ages.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back