New Everton Stadium

Having a go at Esk for wanting us to match the teams we’re supposedly trying to close down?

There’s a lot you can have a go at him for, but that certainly isn’t one of them.

52k is too small. We all know it.

...I always think statements like ‘52k is too small. We all know it’ are inaccurate, especially when I for one don’t think 52k is too small and looking at the posts on here it seems i’m not alone.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say; ‘52k is too small. Everybody in my house knows that’.

...I always think statements like ‘52k is too small. We all know it’ are inaccurate, especially when I for one don’t think 52k is too small and looking at the posts on here it seems i’m not alone.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say; ‘52k is too small. Everybody in my house knows that’.
It would be interesting to see the results of question of the capacity when it was put to us last year by the club. Do you think 52k was the runaway leader?

It would be interesting to see the results of question of the capacity when it was put to us last year by the club. Do you think 52k was the runaway leader?

....I suspect lots of folk would like more, perhaps even the majority, but certainly not ‘all’. Personally, I’m not bothered by the capacity, 52k is fine. I imagine a Business Case has been fully developed, along with Benefit Realisation.

It looks a fabulous stadium, i’m more concerned about getting it built.

....I suspect lots of folk would like more, perhaps even the majority, but certainly not ‘all’. Personally, I’m agnostic to capacity, 52k is fine. It looks a fabulous stadium, i’m more concerned about getting it built.
I would rather have a packed house at 52k than a 3/4 full stadium if it were any bigger. Love the designs and fully agree with you EGG :)

....I suspect lots of folk would like more, perhaps even the majority, but certainly not ‘all’. Personally, I’m not bothered by the capacity, 52k is fine. I imagine a Business Case has been fully developed, along with Benefit Realisation.

It looks a fabulous stadium, i’m more concerned about getting it built.

I think that's the thing Eggs, people are arguing about the attendance of something that is nowhere near even having a spade in the ground, things could change.

He say's he is....who are you to judge.

Unwarranted being called a bellend for having a tattoo and becoming a fan of the club . His choice not anyone elses.

Nah, when he moves onto his next stadium project he'll probably become a fan of that team, he's probably got 1927 tattooed on him somewhere.

I suppose we'll see how much of a 'fan' he is when the project is all done and dusted.

Nah, when he moves onto his next stadium project he'll probably become a fan of that team.

I suppose we'll see how much of a 'fan' he is when the project is all done and dusted.
True
But cant we say the same of other employees like Arteta who tucked tails and ran in the last hour of a transfer window but is still revered by most.

FWIW I think Meiss actually gets the club .
Seems to have a passion for Goodison , the history and the fans. I'm ok with that , rather than a faceless bloke sitting behind an architects desk and saying nowt.

True
But cant we say the same of other employees like Arteta who tucked tails and ran in the last hour of a transfer window but is still revered by most.

FWIW I think Meiss actually gets the club .
Seems to have a passion for Goodison , the history and the fans. I'm ok with that , rather than a faceless bloke sitting behind an architects deck and saying nowt.

Oh don't get me wrong, he's very good at what he does, and I think he has the passion for us in regards to the stadium, and wants to give us the best he can, but I just think it's more down to his commitment to his trade.

Recently read a report that the new stadium would bring over 1m extra visitors to the city. Pity only a handful of them will be able to get their hands on a match ticket then isn't it?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back