New Everton Stadium

Has there been swing in favour of 52k since the presentation?

If the priorities are the atmosphere, and keeping it Goodison within a newer design, then surely 52K seems right.
Or about as big as it can get.
Surely an extra 12k in that design is going to give more noise and atmosphere than 22k+ in a bigger one.
Obviously the bigger you go the more it detracts from the design principles.
And well, its not about how big the dog in the fight is, its the fight in the dog that counts.

Not easy to get tickets for us living across the sea, but would rather it be slightly less difficult, then getting there, and knowing its still Everton.

If there are engineering/architectural/financial constraints on capacity, then so be it, but I'm disappointed with 52k, having initially thought it would be ok.

There seemed to be a suggestion that the uniqueness of the design and waterfront location would compensate for that, but whilst the design looks perfectly good enough to me, I didn't get any wow factor from it personally.

Overall I'm in the camp that will be happy if we just get this built now, but as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for fans, it seems wrong to be selling ourselves short on what is the biggest off-field endeavour in our entire history.

Has there been swing in favour of 52k since the presentation?

If the priorities are the atmosphere, and keeping it Goodison within a newer design, then surely 52K seems right.
Or about as big as it can get.
Surely an extra 12k in that design is going to give more noise and atmosphere than 22k+ in a bigger one.
Obviously the bigger you go the more it detracts from the design principles.
And well, its not about how big the dog in the fight is, its the fight in the dog that counts.

Not easy to get tickets for us living across the sea, but would rather it be slightly less difficult, then getting there, and knowing its still Everton.

Its a tough one. But I am so impressed with the actual building, and how it looks perfect on the docks, I am honestly compromised if another 8000 seats is worth the look of the ground appearing a bit odd.

Its just my own personal opinion on the look, not with any economic or structural thought at all.

52k is a sizable increase.

We have what, 40k now? Almost half have some sort of obstructed view of the playing area. I'd guess maybe 8/10k have a terrible view.

That's an increase of AT LEAST 22k seats with unobstructed views and better facilities.

Saying that, I'd love at least the west stand to be a 3 tier, and said as much on the consultation feedback.

Its a tough one. But I am so impressed with the actual building, and how it looks perfect on the docks, I am honestly compromised if another 8000 seats is worth the look of the ground appearing a bit odd.

Its just my own personal opinion on the look, not with any economic or structural thought at all.
Yeah, the bigger it gets the more it will be lost.
Meis kept referring to how it is dropped onto the site, how its sits on the sight.
Ie, your not going to drop something that is too big, that overwhelms, that detracts from everything else around.
Like how do you make the stadium big enough without it taking the piss out of the Titanic and Tobacco building.

But for me its the inside, how the roof is kept low, how it genuinely has the Goodison about.
How it all looks so close together. I really think this is going to be the best of its type in the world.
If Meisthinks keep it to 52K to get that then there really isn't an argument for more.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back