New Everton Stadium

thing is , if the tv money dries up in 15 years time for whatever reason un known to us right now, and clubs go back to relying on internal and match day revenue, then we will be left right behind , yet again.

we are basically hindering ourselves with a 52k stadium

You're right Frank - but I think the money that will be generated from the corporate side will make up for that. Saw the other day about how much Juventus make per match compared to their old 70k stadium, it's massive.

Also - I previously got worried about the lack of boxes, but it turns out they make more money now from having more executive seating with lounge access.

Someone posted a while back, that Arsenal have got rid of boxes round a whole tier and instead made it open plan - which I think is what we will be aiming for.

The structures outside the east and west stand look incredibly spacious - most likely to accommodate large hospitality.

I also believe the people pulling the strings on this have a clear strategy and most likely the only reason we got bought. Our world class financial accountant and his team have identified the potential.

CL finals tend to be 60-70k indeed. Not this year, but next years is being hosted in Russia and is 56k.

Spot on regarding EL finals as well, although they appear to try and hit more varied countries with the EL final so less chance of it coming here, still may though.

A small part of me thinks we could still get a Champions League final if the facilities etc are world class as previously touted.

The location speaks for its self.

You're right Frank - but I think the money that will be generated from the corporate side will make up for that. Saw the other day about how much Juventus make per match compared to their old 70k stadium, it's massive.

Exactly. Arsenal make the same money from their 8k corporate as they do from the other 52,000 seats. I'm guessing it'll be the same with us as well.

So you're not talking about an enormous difference in revenue between a 52k and 60k stadium, if the corporate is right. But it is a difference, and the question I guess is are you underselling yourselves if (and it's a big if) it could be built bigger? Any edge is still an edge, and apart from anything else do you want a stadium 10k smaller than similar sized clubs?

Also - I previously got worried about the lack of boxes, but it turns out they make more money now from having more executive seating with lounge access.

Someone posted a while back, that Arsenal have got rid of boxes round a whole tier and instead made it open plan - which I think is what we will be aiming for.

Yeah, that was me I think. Google Avenell Club.

A small part of me thinks we could still get a Champions League final if the facilities etc are world class as previously touted.

Consensus is NWHL is borderline when it comes to CL final capacity (and anyway, we're not going to get one as Wembley always gets it when it goes to London).

52k for CL Final, no chance. Good chance of BMD getting a Europa League final though.

Exactly. Arsenal make the same money from their 8k corporate as they do from the other 52,000 seats. I'm guessing it'll be the same with us as well.

So you're not talking about an enormous difference in revenue between a 52k and 60k stadium, if the corporate is right. But it is a difference, and the question I guess is are you underselling yourselves if (and it's a big if) it could be built bigger? Any edge is still an edge, and apart from anything else do you want a stadium 10k smaller than similar sized clubs?

Yeah, that was me I think. Google Avenell Club.

Consensus is NWHL is borderline when it comes to CL final capacity (and anyway, we're not going to get one as Wembley always gets it when it goes to London).

52k for CL Final, no chance. Good chance of BMD getting a Europa League final though.
There isn't much of a demand for corporate tho.

Could never see it happening at 52k, the Europa League final though would be pretty much a cert to happen at one point.

Could even go to host the Super Cup but Uefa tends to opt for small capacity grounds/smaller country's etc to spread the finals more evenly.

The £20m wasn't a loan as such, it was £20m spent on the surrounding area in order to enable the extra capacity/footprint. The council see the payback being n the improvement of the local area and potential for new businesses.
So it wasn't a loan, it was an investment. So an investment in BMD could provide similar payback for potential new businesses etc.
Do you expect the Cult to accept this?

138B511D-0372-47DC-BDC8-F73E70FAEFC0.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back