New Everton Stadium

Transportation, by local transport is surely going to be easier than getting to Goodison ever was in this location, mind you I now have little knowledge since the 1980 s?

Easiest it ever was to get to GP was up to bus deregulation in 1986. Before then there were special buses from all over. Plenty to do to ensure BMD is well served by public transport.

Having read the transport part of the planning docs which Mick A put me on to, I am much happier about this aspect of things. Shuttle buses to Bootle is a big plus for people in L20, L21, L22, L23 (big Everton supporting areas) and won't do the pubs any harm before and after, I expect. Up to 15,000 can be moved by taxi. We are blessed with a lot of black cabs.

Fill in ALL OF THE docks!

EGJ0LewXoAAqYJP
Fcuk me, I struggle to find my car when I come out of the Asda

Needs to be a 60,000 seater.

We are unfortunately not going to get that. It would have been good if they could have pushed that little bit more though. They could have for instance tried to make the 13k home end (which may have already increased a bit with the new capacity of 52,882) to get above the 14,263 that the Stratford end holds. Not a huge mountain to climb and then we would have had the second largest home end in the country after Spurs.

With the extra rows required along the East and West stands to meet the larger north end we'd be looking at somewhere around a 56,800 capacity and I think we all would have gone fair enough and be content with our lot.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back