New Everton Stadium

I've said it'd be called in from the off. And my view on the outcome of the stadium has always been that it may or may not happen - something that too many are unwilling to countenance. I can only think they have zero memory of this club's history in trying to secure a new stadium.
In the past it has been down to funding. I don’t think it’s due to a lack of funding if this stadium was to fail.

I think it's inevitable given that 3 conservation groups with national and international standing are demanding the decision be taken out of the hands of the local state.
You forgotten who the current Govt is?

Some beards crying about filling in a derelict and unused dock as part of multi £BN redevelopment scheme isn’t getting a second glance.

I think people get frustrated Dave, because you often fail to acknowledge that the club has changed since previous failed attempts. It's somewhat akin to using the Nigel Martyn hamper debacle to hammer the club's current transfer strategy .

Different people, different club, Dave.

Look at the decision makers: Kenwright still knocking about; an owner whose proven to be less than bright in his choices of personnel; a CEO who lacks a corporate background; a stadium development director who was an indside appointment; hiring of Laing O'Rourke (a construction company with zero experience of taking a stadium build through from inception to construction).

There's a lot of mistakes being repeated. Particularly placing undue emphasis on the importance of consultations and slipping timelines.

You forgotten who the current Govt is?

Some beards crying about filling in a derelict and unused dock as part of multi £BN redevelopment scheme isn’t getting a second glance.
They’ve even relaxed planning legislation in the recent months to try and bounce the economy back.

This will breeze through. I just hope the Government don’t let Historic England appeal their decision.

Look at the decision makers: Kenwright still knocking about; an owner whose proven to be less than bright in his choices of personnel; a CEO who lacks a corporate background; a stadium development director who was an indside appointment; hiring of Laing O'Rourke (a construction company with zero experience of taking a stadium build through from inception to construction).

There's a lot of mistakes being repeated. Particularly placing undue emphasis on the importance of consultations and slipping timelines.

Kenwright isn't making any decisions though. Denise is unproven, but surely deserves the benefit of the doubt. She's certainly not been involved in any failed ground moves. And as for LOR, are you questioning their credibility?

You claim we are making mistakes. If it goes through, will you accept that you were wrong to say we're making mistakes?

Kenwright isn't making any decisions though. Denise is unproven, but surely deserves the benefit of the doubt. She's certainly not been involved in any failed ground moves. And as for LOR, are you questioning their credibility?

You claim we are making mistakes. If it goes through, will you accept that you were wrong to say we're making mistakes?
He said it’d never happen at the outset. He’s just repositioning his contrary stance to try and claim a win.

He said it’d never happen at the outset. He’s just repositioning his contrary stance to try and claim a win.

Been reading this thread for a long time, and I have to say, that this is disingenuous, because you know full well that it is yet to be called in.

You also know fully well, that "it will be called in" does not wholly sum up your stance on the matter. Which is pretty much along the lines of "it'll never happen."

Not like you to blur lines Dave...

I know mate. Don't even know why I'm bothering tbh. ;)

We knew him as tony mate maybe different people knew him for different names was always by the traffic lights in dovcote and always had a smile

Ah yeah that's him then, he use to always be on the crossing opposite the tesco just by Old Swan. I always wondered what happened to him.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I want to see professionalism, but I see more of the same blagging I saw with the KD and Kirkby schemes.

You just cant wish away objections.

The club's stated timeline is the issue. A 2023 completion looks pie in the sky.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back