New Everton Stadium

An offer was made by the council, and that offer was not taken up.
I can imagine the conversation now.... "OK, Robert. You won't believe this, but, those corrupt buggers made an offer to act as guarantors for Everton, so that they can, in turn make money to pay for the things we won't fund them for, like social care.
"Well, this is absolutely fantastic, we have got them. So when did they sign on the SPV?
"They didn't, in fact, the club have never made a single mention of the offer and all coverage was pushed by LCC and local media"......

"But, maybe we should check a well known website, because surely the club would have recieved a huge amount of criticism for not being really, really vocal about everything."
Everton chief executive Robert Elstone said: “Since revealing we had agreed the principles of a deal with Peel for the purchase of the land at Bramley Moore Dock and an agreement with Liverpool City Council on a funding structure, the club has received many positive comments from fans and residents across the city. “I’d like to thank you all for your support so far. I’d also like to reiterate our gratitude to Liverpool Mayor, Joe Anderson, Ged Fitzgerald, Chief Executive of Liverpool City Council and their colleagues for their support in what could be a game-changer - not just for Everton, but for the city of Liverpool. In return for that support, the city will benefit not only from an annual cash sum that will contribute to vital local services across Liverpool, but a city-wide boost from new jobs, new businesses and wider community benefits kick-started by the developments at both Bramley Moore Dock and Goodison Park.”

(I wont link it because of the ongoing boycott of the Echo, but it was dated 12th May 2017)

The club have been interlocked with LCC throughout. This is why it's no slam dunk on any decision in the short term.

Everton chief executive Robert Elstone said: “Since revealing we had agreed the principles of a deal with Peel for the purchase of the land at Bramley Moore Dock and an agreement with Liverpool City Council on a funding structure, the club has received many positive comments from fans and residents across the city. “I’d like to thank you all for your support so far. I’d also like to reiterate our gratitude to Liverpool Mayor, Joe Anderson, Ged Fitzgerald, Chief Executive of Liverpool City Council and their colleagues for their support in what could be a game-changer - not just for Everton, but for the city of Liverpool. In return for that support, the city will benefit not only from an annual cash sum that will contribute to vital local services across Liverpool, but a city-wide boost from new jobs, new businesses and wider community benefits kick-started by the developments at both Bramley Moore Dock and Goodison Park.”

(I wont link it because of the ongoing boycott of the Echo, but it was dated 12th May 2017)

Imagine digging through the archives back to 2017. I can just imagine your little eyes lighting up when you found that. Bless.

But since you went to the effort... one comment, 4 years ago, from someone who no longer works at the club, about a funding structure that was never used.

Oh no, we're screwed.

Either put your rod away or at least come up with something a bit more relevant/troubling, eh?

Imagine digging through the archives back to 2017. I can just imagine your little eyes lighting up when you found that. Bless.

But since you went to the effort... one comment, 4 years ago, from someone who no longer works at the club, about a funding structure that was never used.

Oh no, we're screwed.

Either put your rod away or at least come up with something a bit more relevant/troubling, eh?
Yeah just cant help himself can he...

by the way @davek still waiting for you to actually respond to my challenge about international concerns regarding our stadium... or are you just not gonna bother because there is nothing to say?

You really can't wait for this to fail so you can smile from ear to ear and jump up and down fist pumping going "yes i was right all along"

Yeah just cant help himself can he...

by the way @davek still waiting for you to actually respond to my challenge about international concerns regarding our stadium... or are you just not gonna bother because there is nothing to say?

You really can't wait for this to fail so you can smile from ear to ear and jump up and down fist pumping going "yes i was right all along"
The international concerns have been staring you in the face - its UNESCO's opposition.

So obvious that I thought you were actually taking the piss by requesting the clarification.

The international concerns have been staring you in the face - its UNESCO's opposition.

So obvious that I thought you were actually taking the piss by requesting the clarification.
oh Dave that really is your ONLY international concern? that ISNT a concern at all and you know it. They have no real power to weild at all. Venice is going to lose its WHS, will that stop people going there? No. Florida Swamps might lose their WHO, will that stop people going there? No it wont.

Stop stirring things up to make yourself look edgy.

Oh no, we're screwed.

A claim was made, I refuted it. End of story.

I didn't do it to catch anyone out, I did it to underline the inter-organisational links between LCC and EFC on the stadium scheme that will spur the government to kick this into touch for now, or order a public inquiry.

There is no use sticking our heads in the sand and hoping this goes away. It wont.

oh Dave that really is your ONLY international concern? that ISNT a concern at all and you know it. They have no real power to weild at all. Venice is going to lose its WHS, will that stop people going there? No. Florida Swamps might lose their WHO, will that stop people going there? No it wont.

Stop stirring things up to make yourself look edgy.
They have so little power that the government called it in at their request.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back