New Everton Stadium

AmI right in thinking that the many millions spent so far on the development of the site will be moved off balance sheet once the project starts putting us in a much healthier position for FFP purposes?
FFP I wouldn't be too worried about that.. with Uzzy waiting I the wings it won't be long until UEFA will be crawling to us and begging us to spend money, we'll be one of maybe 10 clubs tasked with bailling out European football. It's one thing having a billionaire owner it's another having a billionaire willing to pump in vast amounts which is what we will have.. once covid is over there will be an outcry for money in the game.

How dare he appoint a Champions League Winner he should have shown some REAL ambishun and gone for that der Potter fella who's career highlight is losing a game of football after the final whistle had gone.
I'll never know why he didn't call his players off the field when the ref gave a penalty.. weak management.

FFP I wouldn't be too worried about that.. with Uzzy waiting I the wings it won't be long until UEFA will be crawling to us and begging us to spend money, we'll be one of maybe 10 clubs tasked with bailling out European football. It's one thing having a billionaire owner it's another having a billionaire willing to pump in vast amounts which is what we will have.. once covid is over there will be an outcry for money in the game.
Don't be too sure about that.
The big clubs run European football and every new interloper divides the pot even smaller.
The idea of the ESL was to protect the earnings of the super clubs and a few wannabees.

I don't believe we will get that easy a ride on FFP and that is probably why Usmanov is staying out of the club at the moment.

I was about to ask the same question.. no idea how the funding is working .. I'm guessing it's been secured if they are starting the build? Or will it be funds released at different stages of the build?

Moshiri is directly paying for phase 1 which I assume is all the groundwork etc.

Then the club will confirm their finance package for phase 2 onwards (the stadium itself).

Likely to be a USM naming Rights Deal + private bank loan.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back