New Everton Stadium

So when the ceremonial first spade goes in the ground, it will have an actual Kopite front and centre grinning away in the photos

A cute parallel with how they came to inhabit Anfield, I guess, but still another grim episode

You need to order steel a year in advance for something this big
But Usmanov and Moshiri have known about this for more than a year. And their main business is steel.

I may be completely wrong as I don’t know about the steel industry but surely having people like them at the helm puts us in a pretty good position in terms of reading the market?

Respectfully, if funding wasn't an issue it would have been sorted by now.
Moshiri personally funding the initial stages suggests the main construction funding might still be a way off but, he can't afford to wait any longer to get things moving, it's behind schedule and too many deadlines have been missed already.
You’re making stuff up again.

You need to order steel a year in advance for something this big
Iron ore prices are at an all time high, which obviously affects the price of steel.
However, I would imagine we would be buying our steel from one of Usmanovs businesses, so I don't think availability or cost is going to be an issue.

Iron ore prices are at an all time high, which obviously affects the price of steel.
However, I would imagine we would be buying our steel from one of Usmanovs businesses, so I don't think availability or cost is going to be an issue.
I’m not sure owning a steel business in Russia is likely to lead to
Laing O Rourke sourcing steel from them.

While not impossible, the logistics would be terrible. I’m pretty sure they there would be heavy import duties.

Respectfully, if funding wasn't an issue it would have been sorted by now.
Moshiri personally funding the initial stages suggests the main construction funding might still be a way off but, he can't afford to wait any longer to get things moving, it's behind schedule and too many deadlines have been missed already.

What you mean is you havnt been told the details of funding. Nor have I.

But Moshiri isnt going to sink a few hundred thousands of pounds into groundworks on a wing and a prayer that further funds might crop up.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back