New Everton Stadium

Redwatch was a British website associated with members of the far-right British People's Party. It published photographs of, and personal information about, alleged far left and anti-fascist activists. It typically targeted activists in political parties, advocacy groups, trade unions and the media. The website's slogan was "Remember places, traitors' faces, they'll all pay for their crimes", a quote from neo-Nazi musician Ian Stuart Donaldson.

Sigh.

Why do you lie with every post?
Sorry, Red Action it was.

Sorry, Red Action it was.
Red Action was a British leftist political group formed in 1981. It became known for violently confronting groups such as the British National Party on the streets, and for being the main organisational force behind Anti-Fascist Action.[1][2] In 1995, The Independent estimated that it had between 20 and 30 branches with 10–15 activists in each, and the paper stated that the group "enthusiastically espouses the use of violence"; it also set out links between Red Action and the Irish republican movement, and stated that members operated primarily in large cities such as London, Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow.

giphy.gif

Red Action was a British leftist political group formed in 1981. It became known for violently confronting groups such as the British National Party on the streets, and for being the main organisational force behind Anti-Fascist Action.[1][2] In 1995, The Independent estimated that it had between 20 and 30 branches with 10–15 activists in each, and the paper stated that the group "enthusiastically espouses the use of violence"; it also set out links between Red Action and the Irish republican movement, and stated that members operated primarily in large cities such as London, Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow.

giphy.gif
Enjoy...

I was under the impression the stadium was designed with safe standing in mind and when introduced the capacity would go to that but I am awaiting someone to tell me otherwise
Safe standing gives the same capacity as seating though.

I'm confused myself.

I was under the impression the stadium was designed with safe standing in mind and when introduced the capacity would go to that but I am awaiting someone to tell me otherwise

The stadium is designed to handle more people than seats but that is only possible when they allow for a greater ratio than 1:1. Basically they will have a few years like this and if all is OK then you might see it creep to 1.2 or 1.3 per seat. To get to 62k I think we need a bigger ratio than that though, so we are talking a fair chunk of time if it ever happens.

The stadium is designed to handle more people than seats but that is only possible when they allow for a greater ratio than 1:1. Basically they will have a few years like this and if all is OK then you might see it creep to 1.2 or 1.3 per seat. To get to 62k I think we need a bigger ratio than that though, so we are talking a fair chunk of time if it ever happens.
Colin Chong was recently asked about this. He said that in his opinion he felt that higher ratios were probably unlikely and that any future increases would need expansions of the side stands.

Colin Chong was recently asked about this. He said that in his opinion he felt that higher ratios were probably unlikely and that any future increases would need expansions of the side stands.

This makes me very worried that he'd even say that. The only time you would want to do that is if we were going for a 70k +. Not worth ripping off the roof, changing the whole aesthetic of the building for 5k extra. They should either get permission in future to build over the wastewater plant to expand the North stand in that case or bite the bullet and add 5 more rows around the top now so when safe standing does go to 1.3 they hit the 62k ish target.

Off Topic

giphy.gif

It was actually the Red Army Faction.

This makes me very worried that he'd even say that. The only time you would want to do that is if we were going for a 70k +. Not worth ripping off the roof, changing the whole aesthetic of the building for 5k extra. They should either get permission in future to build over the wastewater plant to expand the North stand in that case or bite the bullet and add 5 more rows around the top now so when safe standing does go to 1.3 they hit the 62k ish target.
That concern was pretty much the same response of all those present. He intimated that in the future (when the stadium was established) the planning would be less of an issue.... but that doesn't get around the short sightedness and cost effectiveness of that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back