New Everton Stadium

I don't associate Goodison with failure at all..... if anything, it has been our constant talisman, as it has comfortably witnessed more top flight games than any other in the country.... (any other in the world apart from Celtic perhaps).

I only associate failure with those decision-makers that have presided over its (and our club's) decline and I refuse to sully the name of our ancestral home with that association.

I will be sad to see Goodison go. More so that its a place where me and my Dad have shared more emotion at than any other place on the planet. My Dad isn't an outwardly emotional man, few are from his generation, but Goodison is one place that he lets that go.

Losing Goodison wont stop that, it will hopefully continue for a good few years at BMD, but the place where those memories were created will no longer exist. I have memories, as we all do that are inextricably linked to Goodison park and the people I have sat with for 25 years and counting.

It will take a long time to build those level of memories within a new setting, likely with a new group, but I'm excited for it to start.

It may be a slightly controversial topic for some, but for me, Goodison Park is more tightly bound to my history, than I am to the history of Goodison Park.

Those 2 emotions aren't mutually exclusive.
Exactly that.

I have had some great times at Goodison, but I cannot wait to move to the new stadium.

Goodison was past it's sell by date as soon as the club went cheap on the Park End. A nice double decker there with decent corporate would have given a far better return than the cheapest possible option we went for.

Add in the fact that the 'great Goodison Park atmosphere' has been a bit of a myth in recent years. The crowd are so bored of what they see its seldom a bear pit, 2 or 3 times a season.... Max.

I'll miss my seat. I'll miss the people around me who I know but not really, but I cannot wait for a comfier seat, a better view and better facilities.

Long overdue.

I'm hoping to get my hands on a row of wooden seats to go in the corner of my garden once they pull the old girl down

Likely the club will auction stuff off? Or am I best bringing a toolkit on the last day?

I'm hoping to get my hands on a row of wooden seats to go in the corner of my garden once they pull the old girl down

Likely the club will auction stuff off? Or am I best bringing a toolkit on the last day?

Hoping they sell them off. Due to how they connect they either can't sell the one next to it or we'll only get one fixing per seat.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back