New Everton Stadium

This is going to be great however I saw West Ham’s attendance against us and I just can’t help but think we have sold ourselves short again. 54k, we should have had 60k minimum. Yet again another mess up.
Mate I will tell you what West Ham and Man City do. They give tickets to schools and other complimentary tickets. Regardless whether these turn up or not they are counted as attendees. They do not count the fans through the turnstiles they count only sold tickets and complimentary tickets. This is why you see so many empty seats at Citeh and Wham. It is possible to have around 45000 attendees but they will say full house

Mate I will tell you what West Ham and Man City do. They give tickets to schools and other complimentary tickets. Regardless whether these turn up or not they are counted as attendees. They do not count the fans through the turnstiles they count only sold tickets and complimentary tickets. This is why you see so many empty seats at Citeh and Wham. It is possible to have around 45000 attendees but they will say full house
Giving those tickets away to kids helps build a future fan base - give the kids a reason to support you over more successful clubs

What was the reason for the low capacity vs our rivals?

Does BMD have any expansion option for capacity or are we effectively stuck at 52,000?
BMD capacity will be 52,888 so 53k if you are rounding. Realistically the only chance for increase would be for safe standing being introduced at better than a 1:1 ratio.

Personally I like the capacity. I have been to emirates and the Spurs stadium and when you get to 60k you start to lose intimacy IMO. One of the best stadium I went to a few years back was the Juve stadium which is around 41.5k

About 10 years ago, we used to offer discounted tickets to students and staff at local colleges. Restricted views, top balcony and when the visiting team wouldn’t take the upper Bullens section.

I got to take my lads to loads of games at decent
prices. Happy days!

Exactly.
When we fill near 53k seats consistently after the honeymoon period with a queue out the door then we might be able to say we undersold ourselves, but I can't see it being the case unless we suddenly start winning trophies/getting into Europe each year.
Even optimistically we are a decade away from challenging consistently at the top table, and by that time there could well be the option of safe standing at ratio greater than 1:1.3 which could boost us up to 60k.
I'll take a full house at 52888 every week over 55k with 5k empty.

This is going to be great however I saw West Ham’s attendance against us and I just can’t help but think we have sold ourselves short again. 54k, we should have had 60k minimum. Yet again another mess up.
I'm sure a lot of west hams tickets are sold to fans who don't even support them, just cheap tickets London.

Let's not run before we can walk re the stadium, if we start selling out every game for years I'm sure they can do something to increase it.

I'd rather for now at least, have a packed stadium full of atmosphere then a massive stadium with gaps everywhere

I get it like. I still think at least 60k. We sell out every home game, we will now get tourist fans as the stadium is basically in town, and we apparently have 20k on season ticket waiting list, we could of easily done 60k.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back