New Everton Stadium

53k are defo leaving.

This dream that people will stay in the concourse drinking is not happening.
Don’t forget that we will have up to 10k seats with hospitality or lounge access(not just concourse) who the majority of will hang around after the game.
If the concourses are open after the game as well then some people will stay and have a pint…just look at Evertonians at Brighton post match.

Don’t forget that we will have up to 10k seats with hospitality or lounge access(not just concourse) who the majority of will hang around after the game.
If the concourses are open after the game as well then some people will stay and have a pint…just look at Evertonians at Brighton post match.
If they have any ale and pies left, they seem to run out at Goodison.

People will arrive earlier and leave later, staggered over a couple of hours, spending more time in and around the ground.
53k people are not pouring directly onto the streets at final whistle as 38k do at GP.
Can't see there being even half the problems people are predicting.
All of the possible issues will have been discussed, at great length, pre planning permission.

Calm down everyone
Top post. Ignore the nay sayers. It'll be fine.

It depends on the pricing mate.

If people have to pay a tenner a pint they will prefer to go to their normal boozer and pay a fiver or something.

I have no idea what a pint costs cos I dont drink.

But sure, some people might stay, like at Goodison I normally wait till the grounds nearly empty before I leave, it doesnt help the mass of people.

My main issue is that Goodison can be reached from all sides, this new Stadium has 1 entrance.

Some people have faith that the club have thought of this, but clowns will clown.

If people have to pay a tenner a pint they will prefer to go to their normal boozer and pay a fiver or something.

But sure, some people might stay, like at Goodison I normally wait till the grounds nearly empty before I leave, it doesnt help the mass of people.

My main issue is that Goodison can be reached from all sides, this new Stadium has 1 entrance.

Some people have faith that the club have thought of this, but clowns will clown.
The club are not responsible for whatever planning regs the build is subject to.

You wanna build a 53k stadium in a restricted access Dock?
OK, first question, how are these people leaving the restricted access site?

And so on...

download (18).jpeg

Excuse you. Some of us will be coming by boat

At night games, practically everyone leaves at or near fulltime. Even the lounge-dwellers don't hang around too long. Nothing whatsoever to do with naysayers. For destination Kirkby the club vowed that all the transport had been fully planned. Only when it was leaked by Knowsley Council did we find out that it was all pie in the sky.... and even its umpteenth revision was laughed out of the public inquiry as completely unviable, and the council had even covered itself with a capacity capping clause. That's often what happens when councils are desperate for a major development on their plot. Let's face it the club's decision-makers have almost run us into the ground.... hardly reason for blind faith now.

So in other words, we don't know. I suspect if the beer ain't too prohibitively expensive, if the facilities are decent, if I can watch a 5.30pm match live, I'll be minded to stay and I suspect a fair of fans will, too. I might be proven completely wrong. Time will tell.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back