New Everton Stadium

I live in London and go to all the games down here. There is a lot of walking and queuing to/from/for public transport at Chelsea,Spurs,Arsenal,West Ham. Palace is a pain in the neck to get to and from as I experienced on Thursday night.
With the exception of Chelsea(and Palace) all of those other clubs have bigger capacities than BMD. I am sure there will be pinch points in the early stages,until new routines are established,but I don’t think it will be much worse than what’s in place at those London grounds.
Went to Spurs the other week where I sat in hospitality with my Spurs supporting father. It was a 25 minute walk from the stadium to the station and then we got held in a queue for 30 mins outside the station Would not want to do that every other week. We actually stayed 25 mins after full time as well having a coffee and mince pie in hospitality. In hindsight I would rather have stayed an hour then get caught up in that human congestion.

I think post the move people will start to be grateful we did not end up with a 60k + capacity

Have to agree, I leave straight after the game and never have a drink at the gam as in the main stand we have one bar and one toilet, not only is the goods on sale too dear but once my body wants to reject them the queue for the toilet is ridiculously long.

if I was able to watch the 17:30 game afterwards I would defo be tempted to stay and watch with a competitively priced drink and food but they can shove it where the sun don’t shine if they think I am lining their pockets with my hard earned when I can go to my local or into town to watch the late game if the pricing isn’t right.
If you won't pay the prices at Goodison,
You definitely won't at Bmd, I can't see it being less than £6 a pint tbh

Went to Spurs the other week where I sat in hospitality with my Spurs supporting father. It was a 25 minute walk from the stadium to the station and then we got held in a queue for 30 mins outside the station Would not want to do that every other week. We actually stayed 25 mins after full time as well having a coffee and mince pie in hospitality. In hindsight I would rather have stayed an hour then get caught up in that human congestion.

I think post the move people will start to be grateful we did not end up with a 60k + capacity
Perhaps but looking at the clubs we aim to compete with in the future I think the capacity is low, look at the top 20 average attendances and you will see West Ham having an advantage over us by 10k.... how do we bridge the gap on teams with bigger capacities, this is us for the next 100 years.

1704620763761.webp

Perhaps but looking at the clubs we aim to compete with in the future I think the capacity is low, look at the top 20 average attendances and you will see West Ham having an advantage over us by 10k.... how do we bridge the gap on teams with bigger capacities, this is us for the next 100 years.

View attachment 240998
I think you get much above 50k and you start to lose intimacy. Stadium revenues are only a small % of the overall revenue pie comparative to TV money. If our new stadium provides a competitive advantage on the pitch compared to a larger less atmospheric stadium that could be worth a few points and positions a season and more prize money. The extreme example would be Juventus when they moved stadiums

View attachment 240998
how many of wham's are free/very reduced cost tickets though? I know they'll claw some of that back via in stadium sales but it may not be comparing like for like with us with no giveaway tickets

I think you get much above 50k and you start to lose intimacy. Stadium revenues are only a small % of the overall revenue pie comparative to TV money. If our new stadium provides a competitive advantage on the pitch compared to a larger less atmospheric stadium that could be worth a few points and positions a season and more prize money. The extreme example would be Juventus when they moved stadiums
you can hear that on the TV coverage, the likes of the Woolwich and spuds, the crowd noise seems distant.

If you won't pay the prices at Goodison,
You definitely won't at Bmd, I can't see it being less than £6 a pint tbh
Read the post, I never said I wouldn’t pay GP prices, I said I don’t use the facilities because I do not want to queue.

I watch lots of supporters leaving ten minutes before half time just to stand any chance of getting a drink at H/T.

Iwill for sure gibe BMD an opportunity to get my custom, but at an affordable cost and in fitting with what I want and nothing else.

For too long Everton have not really appreciated their supporters and my loyalty lies within watching my team then going home as for too long they have allowed me to do that without attempt to tempt me to to stay.

The choice is now mine, whether I choose to drink at BMD or go back to my local.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back