New Everton Stadium

It is obviously modern clean lines and sightlines everywhere, as you would expect. Personally, I would've preferred a few posts in the way to replicate Goodison, a bit more design variation on the side stands to add a bit more contrast and interest. Say for instance a triple-decker on one side and/or just 5 to 7 more rows overlap on the North, East and West stands.... which could've generated another 3,000+ seats for the same footprint and been a bit more reflective of Goodison..... but that might be subjective. Equally, some might well prefer the simplicity of the bowl.... If proportions are right, sometimes, less is indeed more etc!

The high roof does make the stadium feel very airey inside and I would've preferred to see it extended further than just barely covering the front rows, for both greater weather protection and acoustic enhancement.

Corrected it for you there. ;)

Seriously, I quite agree. I just saw Football Focus from Tottenham's stadium and the stand behind was exactly that a bit more overlap and triple decker. Similarly I know the north stand goes right up to the site boundary, but there must be some way you can add another tier that goes above the current north upper tier. Even if you have to compromise on some corner seats to actually fit in the additional tier. Ah wishful/hopeful thinking.

The roof as well looks a little short from pitch level but that could be an optical illusion as from above the roof edge the rectangle looks really tight.

As you say, most of my concerns are regards the whole financial mess and some of the obvious missing pieces in the transport plan. Hopefully both resolvable, but needless to say, the finances are taking us (club and fans) right to the edge, which has always been my main fear!

There was no massive surprises. Like the rest of you, I have followed all the brilliant video updates from Baz and the rest of the drone lads. Plus of course the club's internal pics/videos too. Tbh, I would've been able to picture it fairly well in my head just from the plan drawings and cross sections, but of course there is nothing quite like actually standing in the place.

I've taken lots of pictures of stadia in the past but have rarely if ever been able to capture the true depth or drama of the view I was trying to record. Similarly, on this occasion the reality was far more dramatic than what you can lift from any photo. I watched as everyone in the group stepped out onto the stand.... it was a bit like when you take your kids to their first game at Goodison, with that pure sense of wonder written all over their faces as they stepbout onto the stand for the first time. Everyone in the group were like those kids again. One old fella looked a bit emotional. It may have been a bit of construction site dust.

It is obviously modern clean lines and sightlines everywhere, as you would expect. Personally, I would've preferred a bit more design variation on the side stands to add a bit more contrast and interest. Say for instance a triple-decker on one side and/or just 5 to 7 more rows overlap on the North, East and West stands.... which could've generated another 3,000+ seats for the same footprint and been a bit more reflective of Goodison..... but that might be subjective. Equally, some might well prefer the simplicity of the bowl.... If proportions are right, sometimes, less is indeed more etc!

The high roof does make the stadium feel very airey inside and I would've preferred to see it extended further than just barely covering the front rows, for both greater weather protection and acoustic enhancement.

I was tempted to give a shout of "What's our Name?" To test those acoustics in the South stand and claim the honour of starting the first ever chant in our new stadium.... but there was only 8 in our group and noticed the roof covering above was not yet fully in place to be tested anyway.

Also noticed that there was no second steps yet fitted to the safe-standing area row treads. Of course they could be retrofitted if the ratio is ever increased in the future. The super-riser also looks to be quite a bit higher than the one at Spurs' south stand, but that might be an optical illusion.
Brilliant feedback thanks but in all honesty I cannot get excited about something that might ultimately lead to our demise.

The best way to add 10,000 plus seats would be another tier on the east and west stands. Colin Chong himself said it would be the east and west stands.

The trouble is you can now see how intricate how much detail has gone in to the layers of the stands, especially the roof, it's not something they would do on a whim. Liverpool and City have been in 50,000 plus and mid-50's for a few years and are only just coming up to 60k plus. This is after several successful seasons.

It's going to something like that sadly for us to do it.

The best way to add 10,000 plus seats would be another tier on the east and west stands. Colin Chong himself said it would be the east and west stands.

The trouble is you can now see how intricate how much detail has gone in to the layers of the stands, especially the roof, it's not something they would do on a whim. Liverpool and City have been in 50,000 plus and mid-50's for a few years and are only just coming up to 60k plus. This is after several successful seasons.

It's going to something like that sadly for us to do it.

I would have thought it would be acquiring some land behind the north stand and filling in the upper tier.

That would be problematic in terms of land acquisition but easier from an engineering perspective.

You should've been there automatically Baz. I'm only sorry that I never made that point earlier. Hopefully you'll get to see it in a more completed state at the end of the summer.
Appreciate you banging that drum Tom, as you say hopefully the chance will arise in the summer.
Can’t wait to do what you done in the south stand, I’ll probably be one of them emotional ones

I agree with the majority of that, Tom. Especially with the photos and videos not really doing it justice.

The sheer steepness is what gets me.

I disagree with the stadium feeling airy, but I suppose that’s subjective.

I’ve tried to post a photo of the South Stand from the West Stand hospitality area but it keeps saying the file is too large, if anyone can help?
Anyone help?

IMG_5490.webp
Photos don’t do it justice, it’s much bigger in person.

Gives a sense of how steep it is though.

Brilliant feedback thanks but in all honesty I cannot get excited about something that might ultimately lead to our demise.

Doing nothing has led to our demise. Just got to hope this lifts us back up to where we belong. Like buying anything really expensive, the first few years will be the hardest but it gets easier and we will start to feel more and more of the benefit.

Maybe just acquire the air rights over the United Utilities access road and cantilever the North stand over it a bit?

It's possible. Question is by the time we get around to thinking about it, will it be worth 50+ million for a couple of thousand seats?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back