New Everton Stadium

I reckon it'll be fine. Definetly no worse than some stadiums I've been to in London (specifically Wembley and the Olympic stadium). I suspect a large chunk of the fanbase will walk in from town or Sandhills. People going by car will park 10-20 minutes away and will escape on to the A565 or Scotland Rd and won't go anywhere near Regent Rd.
Regent Road will be closed. The point is 50k heading along a road not much wider than Gwladys st

Regent Road will be closed. The point is 50k heading along a road not much wider than Gwladys st

What road are you thinking of? Surely not the dock road, which is comfortable twice the width of Gwladys Street and will be free of parked cars.
The only pinch point will be at the bridge.

Same as the road up to Sandhills.

Then, it's likely to be much fewer than that, as you can only walk in one direction at a time.

What road are you thinking of? Surely not the dock road, which is comfortable twice the width of Gwladys Street and will be free of parked cars.

Then, it's likely to be much fewer than that, as you can only walk in one direction at a time.
Won't be anywhere near 50k travelling by car either. A large amount will take the train and walk and that's how I get to Goodison the majority of the time. But if I was driving I'd try and find a spot nearer Scotland Road for quick access to the tunnel.

I do however sympathise with those with a disability /mobility issues, but I dont think it will be anywhere near as bad as made out. Certainly no worse than the London stadiums I mentioned above.

There are some distinct differences, but kind of, yeah. One good feature is that they are duel direction so don't need to turn around. They could literally just go up and down.

Can get loads more people on as well.

Cheap substitute for proper trams. Fake trams. It's a no for me.

I'll vote anyone but Rotheram or Tory.

One lane each way. There is a pavement on both sides. So not much wider

Does anyone know why the roof has so many layers? If it was keeping heat in I'd understand the (5+?) layers but a noise reflecting barrier internal surface and one or two water proof surfaces on the exterior? BTW old Trafford has one corrugated sheet over the away fans area.

The only road closures will be for vehicles, not pedestrians and limited to 1-2 hours before and after the game.

As a rough measurement, Regent Road is 18m wide and Gwladys Street is 11m so it's more than 50% wider. You're forgetting that Regent Road has wider footpaths, wider carriageway and a two-way cycleway.

Also worth considering that 50k plus aren't going to disperse in the same direction, there are multiple routes that can be taken and the club will hoping that some fans will stay at the stadium for a drink after the game, especially those with hospitality.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back