New Everton Stadium

Just paid a visit to Bramley Moore - the stench by that North Gate/End is awful. 🤢 I know the drone flyers rarely comment on it but I really think that's because most of the time the furthest north they go is Blackstone St.

It smells in the North, you say? Kenwright must have commissioned it to add an 'air' of authenticity to the whole ambience of the surroundings to confirm visitors beliefs that it's grim up North. ;)

Caught a glimpse of it on the train over a year ago but not seen it up close yet - intentionally.

Just hoping it's not a let down when I do eventually get to see it...
Whatever you think it will be, it will be more.
So much more.
No words, photos or videos can actually do it justice on just how imposing and impressive it is close up and very personal.

The attention to detail is immaculate. The setting is breathtaking. Ram 50k+ of us in there and its gonna be the envy of football.

Spoil yourself, have a sneaky wander down there one day. You won't regret it.

Caught a glimpse of it on the train over a year ago but not seen it up close yet - intentionally.

Just hoping it's not a let down when I do eventually get to see it...
Ever since the roof steel was at full height along the East Stand, it's been astonishing.

I don't mind admitting I was a little underwhelmed with the size of it before then (even though plenty were saying how huge they thought it was), but every time I've seen it up close since it's topped out, it's impressed me afresh. None more so than seeing the roof cladding up there.

When you approach it properly for the first time, I'd recommend coming from the city via Great Howard Street and turning into Blackstone Street. That gets you nice and close before you see it properly, and the reveal always elicits a wow from me.

Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 08.39.13.png

Ever since the roof steel was at full height along the East Stand, it's been astonishing.

I don't mind admitting I was a little underwhelmed with the size of it before then (even though plenty were saying how huge they thought it was), but every time I've seen it up close since it's topped out, it's impressed me afresh. None more so than seeing the roof cladding up there.

When you approach it properly for the first time, I'd recommend coming from the city via Great Howard Street and turning into Blackstone Street. That gets you nice and close before you see it properly, and the reveal always elicits a wow from me.

View attachment 268965
I was the same, came a few times during the build and acknowledged it was big, certainly the footprint of the stadium, but even when the top of the bowl was visible it wasn't giving me that 'wow' of height etc. Since the roof has gone on and clad, it is impressive, high but not huge, but now it looks a beast. The materials and design of the roof make up for it not being a few metres taller and the fan zone adjacent to the entry side will make it a huge 'wow' factor on entry through the wall.

View attachment 268965

Good to know, thanks.

Need to sort some angles out for a commission for a painting/artwork like these;

... so think will check it from that angle for that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back